StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few rock chips and scratches in a few places and thought about doing a wrap on all of the color panals. There is a shop in my town that does really great work and thought about running by one day to get an esitmate. Anyone here done this and if so what was the cost? Post any pics if you have them for some ideas. Oh its a 2007 with color matched Givi bags.

·
Premium Member
4,413 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts

·
Registered
15,221 Posts
One guy did the bike patterned after Boba Fet from Star wars. Turned out nifty but it was expensive.
On the other hand A couple cans of Krylon/Rust-o-leum tan paint cost about $13 and I have some left over.

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
maybe

They sell quite a number of colors of 'peelable' paint now. You put it on, and can peel it off when you get tired of it. Blacked out the 'chrome' grill on my truck and it seems to be holding up well after a year or two. When it gets tattered, I'll peel it off and do it again. Pretty cheap.

Not that it helps now, but in the car world they sell/apply various films on high-end paint jobs to keep the cars from getting rock chips. If you get a new bike and the chips bother you, maybe the film would be a good idea.

I avoid the problem by buying my bikes pre-owned, pre-chipped, and pre-scratched. Saves a lot of time and worry.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I've tried it but it's tough to get the wrinkles out. Seen many videos. Looks simple, but it really needs some skill to apply.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts