StromTrooper banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is looking at a used bike from WOW Motorcycles in Marietta Georgia. Does anyone have experience with them as a seller?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have never bought anything from them, but I stop and look around occasionally. They buy at auctions, most of their stuff seems to be in pretty good shape. But, Their price sheet prices seem pretty high, as in above retail level for used bikes. Maybe their service is that good? Maybe there is some assurance that you aren't getting something worn out?

I dont personally know anyone who has bought from them either. So, I guess this was no help. I would personally prefer to buy from fellow ADVs, Stromtroopers and KLR boards than from wow.

YMMV

·
Registered
26 Posts
When I was looking for a used Vee, they had a couple but would not give me anything for my bike. Would not even talk. Went on line in this forum and found what I wanted.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I bought mine there. Didn't think I would use them, but they were competitive when I bought off season and with some haggling.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I bought a bike ('09 Vstar cruiser) there below Blue Book. Couldn't see anything wrong, couldn't understand why the price was so low. 17,000 trouble free miles later, I couldn't be happier. I did shop around and compared prices. The bike I bought wasn't on their price sheet, but was a "new arrival" that the sales person showed me on about visit four or five.

Incidently, when I got the bike home, it had a broken right turn signal that wasn't obvious until you looked at it from below. I called the sales person the next day and complained gently. They ordered parts for it without me even bringing it in. And replaced the broken light with a new OEM housing without hassel or question about a week later when the parts arrived. That's good service.

For my next bike, I specifically wanted an 09 V-Strom. They had two while I was searching, but not at an attractive price to me although both sold fairly quickly.

Like most dealers, I think it depends upon which sales person, what inventory, and timing.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
I'd love to visit their place. I spent many an hour on their website before I found my Wee and stopped looking. Their inventory was amazing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have two friends who have purchased bikes from WOW. One bought a Concours C-14 and the other a ST1300. No idea how they did on price but both have been happy with the bikes. I go by there all the time. Great place to compare bikes...

·
Registered
10 Posts
WOW motorcycles

Back in 2009 I purchased a used Wee from them. Great people. Helped me load it on a trailer, etc. Deal was easy and the the bike was in great shape. They topped off the tank. Would buy from them again.

Happy Wee owner.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I live close by WOW and go into their store fairly frequently. I have sold them a 2004 Wee, and was pretty pleased with the transaction. I've also bought a few small accessories there but never bought a bike from them. They have been around a long time and seem to have a good reputation. I would definitely feel confident buying from them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's good to hear the positive experiences. We need good dealers in the market. Their inventory IS amazing, particularly if you want a sport bike or a cruiser.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm in there a lot and generally like the guys that work there. I'm going to try them for service soon as well. Actually put a deposit down on a bike with them a couple of years ago then decided it wasn't what I wanted at the last minute (cruiser) and they were good about it. I'd buy from them if I was in the market for a bike and they had what I wanted. They move a LOT of bikes in and out of there.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
A friend of mine is looking at a used bike from WOW Motorcycles in Marietta Georgia. Does anyone have experience with them as a seller?
Wasn't aware of them until your post. They are advertising some nice prices compared to this area. :yesnod:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts