StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a new leftover 2011 wee last weekend. had been looking around at bikes for a while and needed to upgrade (was riding an '83 nighthawk for the last year). I settled on the wee because I liked the versatility, the look, and the price. I did a lot of reading up online and decided a dual sport was what i wanted and the dl650 just really caught my eye. my first time riding one was when I test drove the one I bought at the dealer. luckily it was 50 degrees here in Iowa today and I was able to slip out of work early and put about 100 miles on the new bike. IT IS AWESOME! I have really not been enjoying riding to its full potential until now! this warm weather better stick around, because all I want to be doing is riding that thing.

this board is great btw. a wealth of great info on here.

safe riding!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ditto

I bought a 2011 on 2/10 and just had my 600 mile service done yesterday. It was nice being cleared for 7500 RPMs as opposed to the 5000.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Got my runout 2011 wee on the 4/2 and its going in for its first service this coming Tuesday. Done just over 700kms at the moment and can't wait to over 5000rpm, it just wants to go, very happy with this bike.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I picked up a new leftover 2011 wee last weekend. had been looking around at bikes for a while and needed to upgrade (was riding an '83 nighthawk for the last year). I settled on the wee because I liked the versatility, the look, and the price. I did a lot of reading up online and decided a dual sport was what i wanted and the dl650 just really caught my eye. my first time riding one was when I test drove the one I bought at the dealer. luckily it was 50 degrees here in Iowa today and I was able to slip out of work early and put about 100 miles on the new bike. IT IS AWESOME! I have really not been enjoying riding to its full potential until now! this warm weather better stick around, because all I want to be doing is riding that thing.

this board is great btw. a wealth of great info on here.

safe riding!
Love mine also. Bought mine about 3 days before leaving for a 21 day hitch offshore. Was able to put about 450 mines on it before leaving. This bike handles great.
David

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just brought my 2012 Wee home - the ride is very similar to the Multistrada, just without all the power. Very good handling, comfort, and response. Love it!

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm so desperate to ride my new to me 07 wee that I actually went riding in the rain today. I live in the high desert so it was either ride in the rain today or sit on it tomorrow in the garage because we're expecting snow tonight.

This thing is SOO much fun. Why didn't I do this sooner. I can see lots of mile getting put on it this year. Must get windscreen taken care of first. Now I know what all the complaining is about. It sucks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm so desperate to ride my new to me 07 wee that I actually went riding in the rain today. I live in the high desert so it was either ride in the rain today or sit on it tomorrow in the garage because we're expecting snow tonight.

This thing is SOO much fun. Why didn't I do this sooner. I can see lots of mile getting put on it this year. Must get windscreen taken care of first. Now I know what all the complaining is about. It sucks.
i noticed this as well, although i found it pretty tolerable considering my old bike had no faring or windshield at all.

a touring windshield might be in order for this guy, I'll just put that in line behind crash bars, skid plate, center stand, and the countless other little accessories I need to dress up the new girl with!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know it's not always an easy test but when I went from one helmet brand to another the buffeting disappeared. Rather than name brands let's just say the newest one allows my wife on her 2006 DL650 to communicate with me directly instead of me guessing what she has in mind! :thumbup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
You liked the look!?

It can kind of grow on you. :biggrinjester:

Funny, I've never understood what people complain about when they talk about V-Strom styling. It never looked odd, ugly, bulky, or any of those things to me. I've always liked it!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Funny, I've never understood what people complain about when they talk about V-Strom styling. It never looked odd, ugly, bulky, or any of those things to me. I've always liked it!
Me too......I've always loved the look of the Wee.

·
Registered
522 Posts
+1 on StromRider's comment below.

I changed helmets also and the improvement in comfort, noise and buffeting as well has been remarkable. Although buffeting really had improved markedly since I put the madstat on last year with the Windstrom spoiler on top of the shield.

YMMV of course, but the change helped me quite a bit.

I know it's not always an easy test but when I went from one helmet brand to another the buffeting disappeared. Rather than name brands let's just say the newest one allows my wife on her 2006 DL650 to communicate with me directly instead of me guessing what she has in mind! :thumbup:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I bought a 2011 on 2/10 and just had my 600 mile service done yesterday. It was nice being cleared for 7500 RPMs as opposed to the 5000.
Im super jealous, Ive had my 2012 longer and only have 100 miles on it, the weather isnt cooperating. I can handle a little cold weather but the road ice makes it impossible.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I hear you about the surprisingly fun nature of this bike. I bought a used '08 a week ago for commuting, so I could save some wear and tear on my Superduke, and I am absolutely loving it. It came with 4 windshields, so I've been experimenting to see what will work best for me. Wind issues aside, I am very impressed with this bike. I haven't hit the twisties with it yet, but I would imagine that, with a bit of suspension work, it could be a very capable machine in a wide range of conditions. Love the wee. Love it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts