StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of creating a naked DL650 and am looking to make a couple of small plastic covers for the tank to cover up the bosses for the fairing bolts. My question is: what's the best kind of plastic to use and where do I get it? Ideally I'd like to be able to bend/shape it at least a little. I'm not looking to build a whole new fairing, just 2 or 3 small pieces to fill the gaps and cover some of the ugly stuff.
Should I look for a crashed fairing and cut it up or do they sell stuff that would be suitable at Home Depot? I figure someone on this site has done some of this. You guys seem to have farkled around quite a bit. :lol:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Haven't done anything like you're planning, however, I have done repairs on plastic fairings using a product called Plastex. Found on internet. It is a powder that uses a liquid for a catalist. Do a search and look at their web site for more info. They also have a reusable chunk of rubbery material that can be heated in hot water to shape into a mold, then use the powder/liquid to form part.
If you can't find their web site, let me know and I'll look through my shed for the address.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts