StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..going down my gravel driveway, it washed out from under me. Scratched up the tank, broke the turn signal, and damaged my pride just a little.

Had to happen eventually I guess. Really wish I would have got the Givi bars instead of the P Walsh, I think they would have protected the tank more.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Sorry to hear.

I've dropped my V twice now, once each side, just to keep things even. I have the Givi bars and the drops have resulted in nothing more than a red face and scratched hand guards.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well, good to get that fist time out of the way!!
I dropped my wee twice in the same day - once on each side (to even things out .. :rolleyes:)
I didnt have the bars, but had sliders on. Both were at very low speed (0-3 mph), so escaped with just the scratches on handgurads, busted mirror and front turn signal. (left). Still riding with busted stuff as a reminder of what not to do.
Will get the bars and then the replacements will go on!

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Just weld a cage around the bike like the stunters do.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
..going down my gravel driveway, it washed out from under me. Scratched up the tank, broke the turn signal, and damaged my pride just a little.

Had to happen eventually I guess. Really wish I would have got the Givi bars instead of the P Walsh, I think they would have protected the tank more.
That truly makes for a bad day. Glad no blood.
In the last 20k miles i've had 3 drops, all at my house, 2 gravel, one dirt. The front and rear givi bars kept all contact off the body, hand guards and turnsignals are on their own of course.
As inexpensive as they are, they are cheap insurance against low speed drops. Little black paint and it's like new. J.R.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I about dropped mine the first time out of my dirt/sand driveway. It took me about a week to figure out why the front wheel washed out. Then it hit me. Usually when I am in the dirt I have knobbies and a small brake. Now I have semi-streets and two large discs. Note to self - Stay off the front brake!. Now I hardly ever use it (in the dirt) and 70 mph runs on the gravel roads and stopping are no problem. Maybe this helps someone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts