Strom Trooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading down to Yachats next Friday, if all works out, from Woodinville. I'll probably skedaddle down to Longview on the slabs, but once I get near Oregon I'll head off the Interstate. Any route suggestions?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Several suggestions, but how far off the beaten path do you want to go? Do you want to stay near the coast? Are there parts of OR you have already seen?
From Longview, go to Clatskanie & turn south on 47. Work your way to 26, then west to 53. This will keep you near the coast.
If you have the time, I'd go to Hood River & take 35 south to 26, then take the Timothy Lake turn & map that out to NF46 out to Detroit. Later, try to get onto 34 which is west of Corvallis. It'll take you to the coast. Along the way is Marys Peak (on your right). If it's a clear day you might want to go up there for the view.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wound up going to Yachats via 18 and Lincoln City, and then back via 34, the Alsea Highway. That was a very nice road! I also went up 223 through Pedee to Dallas. Also a good road, except that there was a big bicycle event and the stupidly aggressive riders kept getting in the way.

Did I say it was hot? Holy Cow! From Salem to Puyallup it was record heat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts