StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Flat black destickered Wee north/west on Van Buren Saturday after Thanksgiving Day around 3:00 pm-ish. Riding with a group o cruisers (coupla Harleys and a coupla yamis). entered the 91 west.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That was me

Got some stares with the group I was with that day. Even had a harley shoot up from behind me and jump in the group like I wasn't even bring up the rear. The guys I was with though I knew him...ha-guess he thought I didn't belong.
We went to Cook's corner over to PCH and then over to the R.W. Caspers park.
It was a great ride...

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got some stares with the group I was with that day. Even had a harley shoot up from behind me and jump in the group like I wasn't even bring up the rear. The guys I was with though I knew him...ha-guess he thought I didn't belong.
We went to Cook's corner over to PCH and then over to the R.W. Caspers park.
It was a great ride...
HA!! i knew you would have a flat black member #. isn't pendleton a little ways to be out this way? were you able to keep up with those "big boy" bikes? did you notice the crazy woman in that white car i think a pontiac? i thought she was out to take you guys out. i was in an expediton towing a crappy little Harbor Freight trailer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Keep up...they were slowin me down

Yeah, it was a little north for me. My buddy from work put the ride together...we met up with his brother in law in Anheim Hills. As for keeping up with the hogs. We did a lot of twisted roads, they hog in front of me had about 4 inches of ground clearance...I kept sneaking up on him in the turns. The lady in the car was a pain, but we ran into a dude in a pick-up as we were getting on the 15 at Lake Eilisinore that literally tried to run about three of us off the road...road rage cagger!

Take care and ride safe.

jer

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Darn and just when I thought I've finally been spotted by someone. Everything was dead on up till the group ride. Seems JerBo and I both hate the stickers.
hey man, where you going to be riding this weekend? I'll swing by and see if i can see you. then i'll post it and you can have peace.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Hah sounds like fun, we'll have to do that some time. The wee will be in the shop this week though due to an engine tick that has gotten real bad.

I made a thread about it here a while back and everyone said it's normal and to live with it, definitely wasn't the right thing to do:(.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hah sounds like fun, we'll have to do that some time. The wee will be in the shop this week though due to an engine tick that has gotten real bad.

I made a thread about it here a while back and everyone said it's normal and to live with it, definitely wasn't the right thing to do:(.
what shop you taking it to?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Either Corona Motorsports or Malcolm since they're the closest to me.
if you take to Malcolm deal w/ Travis if you can. He's probably the most stand up guy there. Stay away form Six Pack or Six Gun or Six Shooter whatever his name is. Yup that's his name. Indian dude, just full of BS. Can't stand him.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Ended up taking it to Malcolm, Travis wasn't available though, unfortunately. I've dealt with him as well and I agree, he was a great person to work with.

They said they will call in three days so hopefully it's good news. Whom ever I did deal with seemed like a good guy and didn't immediately dismiss the noise so I can't wait to hear his assessment after getting the bike in the workshop.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ended up taking it to Malcolm, Travis wasn't available though, unfortunately. I've dealt with him as well and I agree, he was a great person to work with.

They said they will call in three days so hopefully it's good news. Whom ever I did deal with seemed like a good guy and didn't immediately dismiss the noise so I can't wait to hear his assessment after getting the bike in the workshop.
Travis took care of me good. Three times i had it in there, periodic maintenance intervals. Complained each time about the surging. Chief "you don't know what your talking about because internet forums are full of liars" Six Shooter says there ain't nothing wrong with it. Well, i took it in because the radiator was leaking and Travis wrote it up. I told him it was still surging and stalling. Suzuki covered the rad but wouldn't do anything about the surging. He had his tech set up the TBS and stuff and ate the cost. it has not stalled once and the surging is not as bad as it was. higher gear sustained speed i can barely feel it now but at lower speeds it don't buck like it used to. It seems he made sure it was done right.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

saw your pic on the Sow Us Your Wee threas and it reminded me that you were having some work done. how'd it go? Fix what you were looking for them to fix?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Just got it back today. They said it's fine and every Strom makes that noise. They even said they had a few guys in the shop ride it.

I felt ok with that and just wanted it on paper for a 'just incase' situation.

What really had me miffed was when they tried to start the bike for me and then asked me to pop the seat so they could jump the bike with a charger. Three days with the bike and they manage to kill my battery:weapons_90:.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got it back today. They said it's fine and every Strom makes that noise. They even said they had a few guys in the shop ride it.

I felt ok with that and just wanted it on paper for a 'just incase' situation.

What really had me miffed was when they tried to start the bike for me and then asked me to pop the seat so they could jump the bike with a charger. Three days with the bike and they manage to kill my battery:weapons_90:.
nice avitar. sorry I didn't see you that day. was busy picking up my piece of Ford from getting a new tranny. I was right there by Malcolm's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts