StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look what I just won.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....AMEWN:IT&rd=1

Big topbox and 2 panniers.And all for 80squid. Top Boxes alone have been going for more than that.

My Strom came with a set of Givi pannier rails which the Kappa panniers will hook straight onto. The Topbox and plate are a bonus that I might decide to use inplace of my existing smaller topbox. I'm so excited. I nearly died in the last few minutes of the auction waiting for a last minute bid to overtake me.
( In case you didnt know - Kappa and Givi are made in the same factory and owned by the same family. Kappa is just the 'budget' range )

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
£80 ( UKPounds ) is about 120 Euros or 150 US Dollars.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
pashda said:
Big topbox and 2 panniers.And all for 80squid.
Squid??
Is this slang for your type of currency? Please explain if you don't mind.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Typo. A Quid is slang for a Pound Sterling.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not a typo. Yes Squid is slang for Quid, which is slang for a UK Pound. Sorry to confuse.

·
38,048 Posts
Wow. You guys have slang for slang. What a rich culture. 8)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With regional dialects and all the nationalities now in Britain, the language gets quite diverse. Tone and Emphasis play a big part in understanding - and that doesnt come across when typed.

Ever heard of rhyming slang.

He's on the dog - ("Dog and Bone" - Telephone) He's on the phone.
He's up the apples ("Apples and Pears" - Stairs ) He's upstairs.

Some of that gets pretty convoluted too.

·
38,048 Posts
Time to watch an Austin Powers movie again.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Oh, ok. Thanks for the clarification.

Here in the US a Squid is something that lives in the water and some folks eat (yuck) or it refers to a type of motorcyclist:

SQUID = Stupid Quick Underdressed Inevitably Dead

·
38,048 Posts
A squid is also a term for a sailor (someone serving in the navy) most often used by a Marine (see Jarhead, Leatherneck). I wonder if Mokusbajusz is following this.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
:lol:

I do!

It is simply amazing!

Uhhh, thank goodness I am living here in Hungary and not in the UK: do not need every time to win a quiz to figure out every second word!

Once I participated on a training, the trainer was a british guy, formerly a football (soccer for you, US fellows :wink: ) player. During his presentations I could follow him more or less (rather less TBH), but in the evening after 3 beers at the bar I simply gave it up. Although I drank with him as well...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mokusbajusz - do you know if its possible to get a brake light for the K46? I've looked at a few sites and cant find one.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you. Thats the next upgrade sorted then. Just need my luggage to arrive now.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Well I do not really like bikes that look like a Christmas Tree.
Psst, don't our US fellows hear it!

Also I don't know how is with the wires? I mean what if you want to remove the case? You have to disconnect a connector or what?

So it is not for me.

BTW breaking: the day before yesterday I had to brake very hard. 3 dogs started to walk across the road in front of me while I was riding with approx. 100 kph. Two of them turned back one decided to cross the road. I could bypass him but after that I felt the brake-smell even for minutes. :shock:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh - lots of lights a the back, and about 15 mirrors on the front. Make it look like a modded up Vespa :) :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts