StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whydidya go that way?
That is what I was asked by the tin top drivers when I got there, if only they knew.
A mostly annual event with my brother and a few mates. We camp track side in a caravan and have a ball. I'm the only Holden supporter and we generally do well there. I took 2 days to get there and they came from Young on Friday morning.
Directions to Winton Motor Raceway, Winton, Victoria - Google Maps
Near Goulburn on Currawang Rd

Lucky Pass Road near Collector

Marked Tree Road near Gundaroo

Lake George in the distance and further in background is a wind farm

A very trusting town. All those "goods" out the front and the place is closed

Nearing Canberra and the pollies are heading to parliment

Did I say it was a top day
And then this

Seeing my bike is registered for "private use" I figured it was ok to continue (after ringing a mate in near by Canberra to confirm)

If you look closley you can see the road on the far hill

You can see the Molonglo River in centre background
There are farm houses all along the river

This is the sign at the other end of Caven Road

First glimpse of Burrenjuck Dam

A Wee at Wee Jasper

Tooma Road out of Tumbarumber
Very interesting historical site, and you can see the snow in the far background

Corryong and an overnight stay

·
Registered
456 Posts
Good ride, pics and story. Too bad it was to watch taxis racing!! LOL. I will be pitting for my son who races a Triumph 675 IN Formula Xtreme at Winton in Sept brrrr

Aaah Cavan road have seen that b4 on the map, in live then seen the No Through rd sign and not eneterd. Will know next time,:thumbup: Whats the go, locals dont want any traffic. IF its on a map/GPS me thinks its a PUBLIC road??

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good ride, pics and story. Too bad it was to watch taxis racing!! LOL. I will be pitting for my son who races a Triumph 675 IN Formula Xtreme at Winton in Sept brrrr

Aaah Cavan road have seen that b4 on the map, in live then seen the No Through rd sign and not eneterd. Will know next time,:thumbup: Whats the go, locals dont want any traffic. IF its on a map/GPS me thinks its a PUBLIC road??
Thanks Stretch, not sure on the road. I knew the road was there as have used it back in the 70's and was supprised to see it "closed", thats why I rang my GS rider mate in Canberra who said the sign was to deter people, which in mind, is illegal for a public road. There is a quarray about half way along, and the road is in good nick up to it's turn off, after that it gets a bit dodgey in places, might get a bit boggy in the wet, but not too bad.
When planning the trip Google maps wouldn't show the road at all, but the Zummo picked it as the shortest route.
It's a great ride thru there, following the river mostly, and would look great in spring.
Love the bike racing too and the same lot have done a lot of the southern circuits. Here's luck for # 39 in the Pro Thunder class :thumbup:
PS thake your woollies

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Niiiice one Chops.

Give me advance warning next year and I will make it two Holden fans there in your group :green_lol::green_lol:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Nice post chops,that looked like a nice ride-how do you get so much time off?--you aren't a [slack and idle Digger are you]:mrgreen:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Good stuff Chops, looks like I missed a few great roads when I was down that way. Ah well, I'll have to go back again won't I? :hurray:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Nice ride and great scenery! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Part 2: Corryong - Winton - Home

The Corryong Hotel Motel was a nice place to stay. The rooms are dated but clean and comfy. My single had 3 single beds and all you would expect in a motel room, the room is the same price for one or three, and ther is a carport between each unit. The pub had plenty of choices of beer and Thursday night is steak and a pot @ $15, which I devoured. Room and meal for 80 bucks was good value imo.

This is what I woke to

So had a slow start to the mornings ride, but after a while I had to get moving

This is near Old Tallangatta on the back waters of the Hume Dam.

The next stop was the camp ground at the track.
While I was waiting for the others to get there I spotted this comming toward our usual spot and thought someone had won the lottery lol.

But not so.
Soon after they turned up in the "caravin"
(dont seem to have any shots worth showing, so here is one from 09)

Paul is impresed with his lattest addition

After setting up camp and catching up over some refreshments it was track side to watch qually

My main man didn't do so well

Then a burn out comp

Sorry to all, but Photobucket just swollowed most of my pics
The racing was good, Holden won on both days, and we all had a great time.

There isn't any pics on the way home as I took the Hume slab.
Cheers to all
now fix this puter

·
Registered
515 Posts
Thanks for digging this up again Astro.. good stuff Chops.

I thought it was a new report until I seen I'd already replied to it.. :green_lol:

Funny how after a few months you can read them again like they're a new RR without realising that you've seen them before...

Ah well, with my short attention span, that's me entertained for the rest of my life.. :hurray:

Happy New Year all... (hic)

Pete.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts