StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Private Road ??

I was interested in the Private Road business, why is this designated a private road when it gives access to other properties? There are lots of these NO THROUGH ROAD signs in country areas. Have they been "closed" simply because the landowners have applied to the local government authority so that they don't have to deal with as much traffic and therefore road maintainence or are these signs put up illegally by selfish people to keep the rest of us out.

Up here the army has lots of country tied up for war games and there are locked gates restricting access to some really spectacular areas like the Harvey Range behind Townsville, this I can understand but the road in your report seems to serve a purpose for all travellers.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was interested in the Private Road business, why is this designated a private road when it gives access to other properties? There are lots of these NO THROUGH ROAD signs in country areas. Have they been "closed" simply because the landowners have applied to the local government authority so that they don't have to deal with as much traffic and therefore road maintainence or are these signs put up illegally by selfish people to keep the rest of us out.

Up here the army has lots of country tied up for war games and there are locked gates restricting access to some really spectacular areas like the Harvey Range behind Townsville, this I can understand but the road in your report seems to serve a purpose for all travellers.
its all about the power of the pen, what a shame, typical government...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts