StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has only been a few weeks since my last ride and I am finding it hard already. How am I going to make it the rest of the winter?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I often ask myself the same thing.

Oh wait!!! What am I talking about??? I live in Tucson, Arizona.:mrgreen: I can ride pretty much whenever I want to. In fact, I am thinking about heading out tonight. It's a chilly 57 F right now. Brrrrrr....

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got no dog in this race but thats just downright mean so close to christmas and all with that said I had a great ride today brrrr 56 degrees :) of course I was on my goldwing with it heated seat and grips :) guess someone has to do it

·
Registered
275 Posts
It has only been a few weeks since my last ride and I am finding it hard already. How am I going to make it the rest of the winter?
You live in Canada and you don't have a snow machine to play on in the Winter?

·
Registered
206 Posts
You're going to have to move, brotha! I went on about a 4 hour ride yesterday at about 40 degrees... sucked ass, fingers froze, but it was still a good escape. I'll be moving to SC or Georgia in a year and a half. 11 months of riding for me :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
I rode today in 34 deg and light snow falling. It was great.... Had to rub it in a lil bit.

·
Registered
15,431 Posts
My buddy asked of I wanted to go up the mountain today. It was 54 at home and 38 up the hill. I said no. He called a little while later and told me he turned around at the 20 mile mark because of snow falling. I don't think I missed a thing.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Although we have had a couple of 3+" snowfalls here in northern Michigan there is nothing on the ground...but my Strom is still parked till spring, in a controlled environment, awaiting new chain and sprockets, rear tire and the usual winter spiffing up regimen.

I was really tempted to get out this week (20 degrees) , but my common sense got the best of me.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I say [email protected]$k SNOW!!! I liked it as a kid, and still enjoy it now (at times). But it does put a hamper on my riding for 4-5 months out of the year. :thumbdown:

I often put on my really good snow boots and trek around my local park (Mill Creek Park) and that seems to hold me over for awhile.

COME ON SPRING!!!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Sounds like you need to Visit Vegas.
Rent a bike and tour Death Valley:thumbup:
Mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
I rode over to NJ Friday to deliver some (small) Christmas presents. I noticed that by 7PM when I got home, it sure was dark out. Of course leaving my regular spectacles on the kitchen counter and wearing my sunglasses might have had something to do with that! DUH.:coolgleamA:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Sounds like you need to Visit Vegas.
Rent a bike and tour Death Valley:thumbup:
Mike
I was actually thinking of this. Any suggestions for best time of year and who to rent from? I've been twice (by car) and wanted to be on two wheels badly both times.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
I was actually thinking of this. Any suggestions for best time of year and who to rent from? I've been twice (by car) and wanted to be on two wheels badly both times.

November through March. I prefer March. Days are longer. No experience with bike rentals in the area. A dualsport would be ideal. Back country camping is allowed in some parts of the park, there is a separate map available for that. Cheaper motels can be found outside the park in Beatty NV.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
I must be getting old. It's sunny and headed for 40F today. I changed the oil, stabilized the fuel and covered the bike 10 days ago and I'm not going out today. If we get a day with no snow by the garage in January, I'll break it out. Taking to bike to Wisconsin at least once every month is worth a little effort and I will be in withdrawal by then.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I often ask myself the same thing.

Oh wait!!! What am I talking about??? I live in Tucson, Arizona.:mrgreen: I can ride pretty much whenever I want to. In fact, I am thinking about heading out tonight. It's a chilly 57 F right now. Brrrrrr....
I'm putting on all my cold weather gear and braving the chilling horrid 55 degrees for ya

·
Registered
900 Posts
Good question. I feel your pain. Now I really have a reason to build that attached garage I've procrastinated about for so long. Put my Wee up for winter a month ago but could have ridden her just about every weekend since. Storing her 45 minutes away in a friend's equipment garage. She's safe but not accessible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cabin Fever

Minimum 3.5 months before road bikes are back out in our neck of the woods. Some of the guys around here make studded tires for their dirt bikes and race around on the frozen lakes for a fix. Cheers!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Las Vegas BMW has rentals or use this link for other bikes:
motorcycle rental als vegas - Bing
Dont know of any Vstrom rentals though.
Wish I had some extra cash to start one:beatnik:
Mike

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm putting on all my cold weather gear and braving the chilling horrid 55 degrees for ya
No need to do it for me. My Warm & Safe heated jacket liner is more than enough to keep me toasty warm in this weather even when I have no other upper body layer on other than a tee shirt and my Motoport Air Mesh kevlar jacket. Mrs. Claus told me that glove liners are in the works for me for Christmas as well! :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts