StromTrooper banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Once I realized every manufacturer made more than one of each bike I knew I could replace anything I ever sold so it took sellers remorse away. I have sold a few “forever” bikes and have even had the opportunity to buy them back, to date I have not replaced even a single of my forever bike.

A pile of cash in hand is a good thing. Now you can look for good head on that next best bike you ever owned.

cheers,

P-14

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
100% in agreement, sometimes owning too many bikes causes one of the two to be neglected, at least now she will be loved and cared for, and cash in the pocket is always a good thing
Several years ago I walked into the garage and saw I had 9 bikes ranked in there. I wanted to sell some stuff but was having a hard time making the choices because I liked them all. That is when I started my self self imposed rule that if a bike did not get ridden at least 1000 miles a year, it was put up fore sale. It made the hard choices very easy and once I started selling it felt as good as buying.

Currently back up to 6 bikes and actively trying to sell 3 of them and casually on a 4th. My goal is to get down to 2 bikes and I did that last year. It felt great to have a stack of fun money and an much less crowded garage. That lasted 2 days before my wife and I found another bike and were on our way to go get it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts