StromTrooper banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
02' Suzuki SV 400, 07' Suzuki V-strom 650
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's with a sad heart to say that I had to let my good old SV400N "curvy" go, I was offered an offer that I couldn't refuse. She was one cheeky little bike, best handling commuter I've ever
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Hair Hairstyle Daytime Shoulder Photograph
owned, flicking her in a corner and accelerate out of a corner or turn was always such a blast, she really woke you up in the morning with her huge growl on startups, had her for two years with zero problems, but time heals all wounds I guess, new tires and maybe a slip on for the Wee is on the cards.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Once I realized every manufacturer made more than one of each bike I knew I could replace anything I ever sold so it took sellers remorse away. I have sold a few “forever” bikes and have even had the opportunity to buy them back, to date I have not replaced even a single of my forever bike.

A pile of cash in hand is a good thing. Now you can look for good head on that next best bike you ever owned.

cheers,

P-14

·
Premium Member
3,543 Posts
Never knew there was an SV400.........never here in the United States. That looks like it was FUN.......!!!
Japanese market and a few others, came out a year or two before the 650. Friend had one when he was stationed at Kadena AFB in Okinawa.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Japanese market and a few others, came out a year or two before the 650. Friend had one when he was stationed at Kadena AFB in Okinawa.
I know in Russia they were very popular, Japan basically restricted a 650 down to a 400cc for learners restrictions, not sure why, it only had about 15 horsepower less than the 650, the rest was untouched, but he'll, she basically joined my top 5 most favourite bikes list 😉

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Once I realized every manufacturer made more than one of each bike I knew I could replace anything I ever sold so it took sellers remorse away. I have sold a few “forever” bikes and have even had the opportunity to buy them back, to date I have not replaced even a single of my forever bike.

A pile of cash in hand is a good thing. Now you can look for good head on that next best bike you ever owned.

cheers,

P-14
100% in agreement, sometimes owning too many bikes causes one of the two to be neglected, at least now she will be loved and cared for, and cash in the pocket is always a good thing

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
100% in agreement, sometimes owning too many bikes causes one of the two to be neglected, at least now she will be loved and cared for, and cash in the pocket is always a good thing
Several years ago I walked into the garage and saw I had 9 bikes ranked in there. I wanted to sell some stuff but was having a hard time making the choices because I liked them all. That is when I started my self self imposed rule that if a bike did not get ridden at least 1000 miles a year, it was put up fore sale. It made the hard choices very easy and once I started selling it felt as good as buying.

Currently back up to 6 bikes and actively trying to sell 3 of them and casually on a 4th. My goal is to get down to 2 bikes and I did that last year. It felt great to have a stack of fun money and an much less crowded garage. That lasted 2 days before my wife and I found another bike and were on our way to go get it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I always liked the SV series, also didn't know a 400 was made.

I just surrendered/sold my 1992 BMW K75RT. Got it in 2015 after not owning a BMW for awhile, it had low miles and a good price. I have a soft spot for K75's having owned 3 and 100K miles on them. Took the RT to a some rallies, used it as my winter bike (great fairing!). I was putting no more then 1000 miles per year on it and was needing more garage space. The RT needed a few things to get it to 100%, and I am focused on my other two rides. A younger guy met my asking price (low, K75's are going cheap) and seemed excited to get it.

Glad you got the Wee to ride.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Several years ago I walked into the garage and saw I had 9 bikes ranked in there. I wanted to sell some stuff but was having a hard time making the choices because I liked them all. That is when I started my self self imposed rule that if a bike did not get ridden at least 1000 miles a year, it was put up fore sale. It made the hard choices very easy and once I started selling it felt as good as buying.

Currently back up to 6 bikes and actively trying to sell 3 of them and casually on a 4th. My goal is to get down to 2 bikes and I did that last year. It felt great to have a stack of fun money and an much less crowded garage. That lasted 2 days before my wife and I found another bike and were on our way to go get it.
Like you've said "selling it feel as good as buying" very true words spoken there, also 100% in agreement with 1000 mile rule, basically the main reason why I let her go, I knew she would eventually be neglected

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I always liked the SV series, also didn't know a 400 was made.

I just surrendered/sold my 1992 BMW K75RT. Got it in 2015 after not owning a BMW for awhile, it had low miles and a good price. I have a soft spot for K75's having owned 3 and 100K miles on them. Took the RT to a some rallies, used it as my winter bike (great fairing!). I was putting no more then 1000 miles per year on it and was needing more garage space. The RT needed a few things to get it to 100%, and I am focused on my other two rides. A younger guy met my asking price (low, K75's are going cheap) and seemed excited to get it.

Glad you got the Wee to ride.
Love those K75's, I had two f650gs BMW's, brilliant reliable bikes, but maintenance and services got on the expensive side, a collector bought both in one go, I still miss them, but he'll the bank account seems to stay full with the Wee (and the SV)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts