StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pasted my most recent reply :D

Supermoto at RA is cool. In the past I've spent a few days corner working for them.

Only bugger is entry feee for what could possibly be not much veiwing time.

Saturday looks to be the better ofthe two days for me. I may bot have all day tho.

~Dave

G

·
0 Posts
Open my Eyes

Hmm . . . I guess I should scroll down once in a while. I never even knew Stromtroopers had a midwest section.

S

·
0 Posts
I read Stromtroopers, but have never posted-- spend enough time already on a couple other sites.

Now that I see this Midwest/'Scansin thread, I'll keep an eye out for rides. Dave (SixFitty) and I rode together at the Crud Run. I'm really hoping we can get Wisconsin Strommers from all the forums together sometime this summer.

bj

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi BJ.

So is anyone riding Saturday? JR?

Saturday is my only day to get a few hours in.

I think 11ohio and MIKE WI are heading out 11-ish on Sunday.

G

·
0 Posts
11ohio, Mike , and JR are riding on Saturday.
Leaving Milwaukee at 10 am, Going to Holy Hill area then up to Kettle Moraine State Park. Who wants to join us and where?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I will be riding at 3PM in the North Kettle with a buddy of mine. Not sure exactly where and what route yet.

Definitely want to get together with all of you at some point in time!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
11, Mke and JR, I have a small conflict this morning.

What route do u think you will be taking to te Kettles? I may just wing it and head east around 11 and maybe catch up with yas.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How'd the ride go guys?

I had about a 1.5 window of ride opportunity. I went south and then east to the northern kettles the Rd Amer hoping to see you guys on your ride.

My shift lever falling off was the high point :p I saw a couple beemers in the kettles near Greenbush.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Had a pretty good time riding the northern Kettle on Saturday! The friend I went with rides a Yamaha FZ6 which is a much quicker bike than my not- quite-broken-in-yet Wee Strom. Given that, the fact that Adam is 20 years younger than I and he'd been through the Kettle roads 5-6 times to my never, meant that he was a LOT quicker through the twisties than I was, but that's OK; we still had a great time and I never really fell more than a few seconds behind.

Only "mishap" occurred about halfway through the ride. Some bird decided to, uh..."anoint" my front brake reservoir, fairing and jacket with a nice little "gift". Aside from bug splats, Adam's Yamaha got through without any crap on it. Wonder if Mother Nature was trying to tell me something... :p

How about everyone else? Anyone else ride this weekend? Where'd y'all go and how was it?

·
Registered
81 Posts
WIsixfitty said:
How'd the ride go guys?

I had about a 1.5 window of ride opportunity. I went south and then east to the northern kettles the Rd Amer hoping to see you guys on your ride.

My shift lever falling off was the high point :p I saw a couple beemers in the kettles near Greenbush.
Your shift lever fell off??!! What the...? Did you have the tools to stop and fix it? You didn't get stranded, did you? :shock:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It fell off just as I was using it. The bolt did not fall out.

I just threaded it back in loose with a pliers which was more than good enough for another hour or so of riding.

Northern kettles are a little tight and full of ppl, sand and gravel. At least the KMScenicDrive is. Just hard for me to feel comfy "getting any" in this locale. It is a nce riding area tho.

I went out today for another 1.5 hours west of Fdl to the Ripon, Green Lake, Priceton areas. Suprisingly I actually found some rather nice roads. A re-visit is a must.

Riding is fun. :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
WIsixfitty said:
It fell off just as I was using it. The bolt did not fall out.

I just threaded it back in loose with a pliers which was more than good enough for another hour or so of riding.

Northern kettles are a little tight and full of ppl, sand and gravel. At least the KMScenicDrive is. Just hard for me to feel comfy "getting any" in this locale. It is a nce riding area tho.

I went out today for another 1.5 hours west of Fdl to the Ripon, Green Lake, Priceton areas. Suprisingly I actually found some rather nice roads. A re-visit is a must.

Riding is fun. :D
Glad to hear you didn't get stranded! Yikes!

Far as the Kettle ride, there weren't many people there at all. The roads are tight and the gravel did get a bit hairy at times, but it really wasn't all that bad.

·
Registered
319 Posts
As a 34 year residen of 'Scansin, I've always wondered how that was spelled.. :lol:

With the Slimey Crud run coming up, how many of we people on the site will be making it to the start or stop?

·
Registered
319 Posts
http://www.slimeycrudrun.com/ is the unofficial site, mostly because there's no official site for the "Slimey Crud Motorcycle Gang"..

Peter Egan of Cycle World and a bunch of his buddies started the whole thing years ago, and it's just expanded from there.

Google Slimey Crud Run and Slimey Crud Motorcycle Gang for more info than you'll want to read. :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts