StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Greetings from Stoughton. Is it ever going to warm-up this spring? I am definitely getting the itch to get my bike out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
From the Fox Cities area, here.

Debating picking up an '08 black Wee this evening...if I'm getting a new bike, it WILL be a Wee. The question is just...am I getting a new bike this year?

I am leaning towards yes. :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi...

I'm from the Green Bay Area. Still waiting to get my bike out of hibernation after a long winter...The battery is back in, the seat is on, new heated grips installed and a GiVi screen is waiting to be installed. It's gonna be a good year!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Another Stoughtonite

Hey guys, another Wisconsinite here.

What the heck 8 more inches of hell, and it is not going away soon. Plus my bike is in the shed with 4 foot snow banks in front of the doors. I think I'm looking at least 2 more weeks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Brodhead checking in. Just bought a Vee from a friend in January. Managed to take it out for a short ride on Wednesday and now we're back in the snow again.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Couldn't stand it anymore. I had to snowblow through 2 feet of snow to get to my storage building and bring my wee back into the garage so I can stare at it. Now if my long ice covered driveway would just melt.:mad:

·
Registered
4 Posts
V-strom HQ in Stoughton?

How many more of us can be hiding in Stoughton?
Let me know if you're interested in meeting for the traditional Sunday morning Crud run breakfast in downtown Stoughton on May 4th. V-stroms, sporty bikes, sunshine and warmth.

·
Registered
8 Posts
How many more of us can be hiding in Stoughton?
Let me know if you're interested in meeting for the traditional Sunday morning Crud run breakfast in downtown Stoughton on May 4th. V-stroms, sporty bikes, sunshine and warmth.

We've probably already seen each other on the roads around SE Dane county. I'd like to do a ride, just can't make it that weekend. Besides I heard it was suppose to SNOW on May 4th!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I spend about every other weekend going from NW chicago suburbs to green bay and everywhere in between.

·
Clever Title
515 Posts
I was born in Watertown. I get to Superior a few times a month- actually, I'm going tomorrow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sandy Conditions

Finally got out yesterday. Man it is SANDY, we need a good hard spring rain. It's not just on the intersections as in a usall spring, it's everywhere. Don't go into the blind curves to hard as you will find yourself in a heap of trouble.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does this white flakey stuff count as rain? Or is it an excuse for the road crews to dump more salt?
I'm up for that breakfast. What breakfast joint do you like? I'm not to familiar with Stoughton but I'm sure the bacon smell will guide me.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Greetings from Sun Prairie

It's not Stoughton, but close :D. Picked up my Wee yesterday. The roads are sandy, but I find a sane speed and everything is great. Took a little ride over to Columbus and back and was pretty confident with the road surface. A little bit of water, and a lot of sand.

I'm hoping this storm tonight turns to rain and that we are done with the white stuff. I'm eager to put some miles on my new steed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not sure about your yard but mine is covered again. Hard to believe I was zipping around on the daughters klx yesterday. I guess I will spend the time working on the KLR.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts