StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and bought the admore kit for my wee. no problem wiring in the top box.

Does anyone have any tips on the easiest way to access the wiring harness for the brake light and the turn signals.

It doesn't matter that this is Suzuki vs Givi, i just need the easiest access way and is there a plug adapter that can be purchased?

mark

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Eastern Beaver has a plug in adapter that brings out all the wires in the tail section -- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. The easy way to get to that stuff is to unbolt the luggage rack and take out the bolt on either side of the tail section. Then the tail section just pops off.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I went and bought the admore kit for my wee. no problem wiring in the top box.

Does anyone have any tips on the easiest way to access the wiring harness for the brake light and the turn signals.

It doesn't matter that this is Suzuki vs Givi, i just need the easiest access way and is there a plug adapter that can be purchased?

mark
Are you saying that the instructions that come with that kit, don't tell you how to hook things up. I hope not... that's my ONLY reason for buying the Admore kit for the OEM top case! The ad states that it is easy to install and only take about 1.5 hours.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I am looking to buy a plug that will allow me to hook all this wiring up that is waterproof and has at least 5 wires hookup. No boat places close to me so I am looking to find one on the interenet (preferably on Amazon). Anyone have any ideas for me?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Are you saying that the instructions that come with that kit, don't tell you how to hook things up. I hope not... that's my ONLY reason for buying the Admore kit for the OEM top case! The ad states that it is easy to install and only take about 1.5 hours.
They do tell you how to hook things up, and it is easy to install. What they don't tell you is what specific wires to hook to on a V-Strom, because it's a universal kit intended for any bike. Figuring out which wire is which is pretty easy once you get the rear fender off.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi Merlin!

The kit that I ordered states that it's "specific" to the V-Strom OEM top case. Are they lying?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I got a reply from Admore support and it appears you were correct Merlin... I misunderstood the ad. For those interested, here are the DL650 wires you'll need to tap into...

BRAKE: White with Black

TAIL: Gray

LEFT: Light Green

RIGHT: Black

GROUND: Black with White

1 - 7 of 7 Posts