StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of adding a 12v accessory plug and cleaning up some wiring the previous owner did. I have always used solder and shrink wrap for connections in the past. Has anyone used the terminal ends that have the shrink wrap added on like the 3M products? If so, how are they working out?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ironhead!
I use them all the time they work great. Just make sure you use a good crimper not a walmart junker--------Banzai:rolleyes:

·
Registered
259 Posts
connectors

I 2nd the good crimpers, but I use bare connectors and add heat shrink so I can really get a good crimp, if I am feeling really anal I then solded the wire to the connector (usually a ring shank) adding my own heat shrink makes it look a lot better and one can vary the length as needed. Kieth

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I should be in good shape, I have a good crimper! I have always heard pros and cons about soldering and crimping so I thought I would ask what the members here use.

From everything I've read on this board, everyone here seems to know and use the most cutting edge technology. That's just one of the many reasons I love this site!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts