StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to biking and especially bike maintenance and am looking for more of a tuition than advice really. I've bought a USB power point to go on my 2012 glee that I want to be live when I've got the key in and the bike lights on but before I've actually started the ignition. What do you suggest I attach it to and, more importantly, how do I make the connection? Is it worth putting a fuse board in so I can easily make new connections as needed? Completely new to electronics too, excuse the ignorance but we've all got to start somewhere right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
hot all the time

I'd suggest that you wire it directly to the battery, with a fuse of course, so that it can be used without the key. It will be handy to charge a phone or camera battery when your bike is temporarily parked, like a restaurant during lunch, and you don't want to leave it parked with keys in the ignition. Add a simple on/off switch if you want; but wire it so it's hot all the time.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Welcome !
If you are anything like 99% of us, it is likely that you will end up adding more things so your notion of a fuse block makes sense. A lot of folks use one made by Eastern Beaver. There are other brands from places like Twisted Throttle. They all have easy attachment points that are either "switched" or not.

When it comes to installing it you might consider finding a neighborhood bike shop and ask if you can watch.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Welcome !
If you are anything like 99% of us, it is likely that you will end up adding more things so your notion of a fuse block makes sense. A lot of folks use one made by Eastern Beaver. There are other brands from places like Twisted Throttle. They all have easy attachment points that are either "switched" or not.

When it comes to installing it you might consider finding a neighborhood bike shop and ask if you can watch.
As he said. It's worth your while to fit a fuze block (I have the EB PC eight)that way once fitted you can easily wire in other extras, can be always on or switched. Takes all the connections off the battery terminals.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the fuse box runs straight off the battery? I've heard of the Eastern beaver pc8. Are there any U.K. manufacturers of this sort of thing? Hard to find eb products this side of the pond. Thanks again btw. This forum is coming in handy already!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts