StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
I was wiring in an additional led brake light, and I really shouldn't go near wiring connections cause I haven't got a clue about electrics but anyway, I decided to have a go,

(just noticed I didn't even spell wiring correctly in the thread title!!) [fixed - p38arover]

obviously I connected something wrong, I switched on the bike to see if the light was working, I think I could smell a slight burning smell, switched off immediately but obviously I've done some damage, anyone have any idea what I've done? I'm hoping and praying it's just a fuse somewhere,:confused:
I have undone any connections I made, the bike starts and I have headlights. high and low beams, but the dash is blank, I have no indicators brake lights or taillights, any ideas? thanks.

·
Super Moderator
4,571 Posts
I haven't got the circuit diagram for your model in front of me but the first thing to check are the fuses. Fuse 5 on older models feeds the Orange Green wire to the brake lights, indicators, and dash.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks just been searching on google and come across an old thread on advrider, guy says he had a short in the system that kept blowing the turn signal fuse which caused the loss of gauges, signal and brake and tail lights so I'll go and check the turn signal fuse now. hopefully I just shorted it out when I was trying to connect the extra brake light.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Problem solved buddy and thanks for your help, it was the 15 amp turn signal fuse, replaced it with the spare 15 amp they provide and everything is working again thank God, that's the last time I'm connecting anything electrical,
I'll get a buddy that's good at wiring to do the electrical hook up, good to know this though in case that fuse ever blows while away on a trip say, must get some spare fuses tomorrow to keep in the tool kit and replace that spare one in the fuse box. panic over in record time!!

Thanks p38arover for correcting my thread title typo too.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
You just need to study electricity more. I started out as a nOOb too and now I really like those type of problems.

You Tube is my favorite! Lots of help on YT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts