StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yall-

I performed a fender-ectomy about a week ago. Part of this was removing the license plate light to raise the license plate up on the rear fender. When I removed the LP light - I just clipped the two wires leading to the light assembly, about 3 inches from the light assembly. I taped the ends and that was that. I now am adding a Fuse Block and want to run the relay switch power off of the license plate light wiring. Well- there seems to be no power running through the license plate light wires. I'm not sure what's going on. I have the tail-light / brake light working - so its not a fuse issue. Also - its a bit odd to me - but the two wires 'powering' the license plate light are not color coded - they are both black. I think one shoud be Gr and the other should be B/W.

Anyone have any ideas?

Mucho Gracias
zw

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
One side will show no voltage because it's connected directly to the battery negative terminal. The other side should show +12 volts but will do so only when the light is on, obviously.

The wire going directly to ground should be black with a white trace. The one that is hot should be, as you indicated, gray.

I did the same thing on mine but I don't recall what the exact colors were.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah ha

Found it. The two-wire connector plug had come undone. Presumably, when I had been yanking on it to cut the wires. Now I just got put the tail assembly back together.

:)
zw

1 - 3 of 3 Posts