StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to wire in Denali D4 LED lights with the "datadim" highbeam dimmer thingy. This includes tapping trigger wires into the highbeam (yello) and rear brake light (driving light)(brown) harness, which I'm sure I could figure out, but...

Can anyone direct me to a wiring diagram for the 2018 DL1000? or tell me the best place to find these...I've looked around the headlight but its just too tight to get to?

Also, much of the wiring is wrapped together, so any recommendations on tape that would be a sturdy as what they use?

THANKS!!!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
All that stuff goes through the bike's fusebox. I followed the brown tail light wire from the back to determine which wrapped bundle it was in, then gently used a razor blade to cut the factory electrical tape close to the battery & fusebox area on the left side, then skinned the brown wire - not cut it - and wrapped and soldered the feed wire from there. Then I re-wrapped the whole lot with 3M electrical tape. That stuff lasts many years. The yellow high beam wire will be found in a bundle from there to the front also. Follow it from under the fusebox to see what bundle it's in.

Cheers,
Glenn

1 - 2 of 2 Posts