StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any electrical geniuses out there? I am not but I usually get by. I am setting up a pair of aux driving lights (Hella Optilux 1500s) activated by http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Switches/switches.html this Eastern Beaver switch (first one).

I have everything connected correctly I believe (well I guess if I did I wouldn't be writing this). The power & grounds are all routed back to my AP2 Fusepanel. The wiring diagram is not confusing but there are quite a few grounded connections, plus the EB switch has two leads vs. the stock 3 leads. The third lead on the stock switch is for activating the lights by the headlights. I want to operate these outside of the headlights so that shouldn't matter.

Just wondering if anyone else had any issues hooking these up? I don't have a multimeter so I have no quick way to tell what the problem is.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I got it fixed. Turns out the wiring schematic is incorrect if you use a switch other than the one that comes with the kit. For the price these are great lights. I guess I'll probably replace the bulbs with 35W units to conserve power though. :angel_23:

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
I've got 35w in my piia's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts