StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the 2003 DL1K I just got came with about a million outlets, I decided it would be wise to put in a fuse block, instead of having all these things connecting directly to the battery.

Bought the Power Plate by Electrical Connection, through Twisted Throttle.

As usual, these things come with GREAT instruction sheets. :var_52:

So I think I'm doing OK, and then I get to "the remaining blue wire is the turn-on for the plate. There are two methods for connection:

a. The suggested wire for turning the plate on is one which deactivates when the engine starter is engaged, allowing maximum electrical power for the starter. Not all motorcycles are equipped with this wire. Refer to service manual (or Stromtrooper forum) or contact your service technicial for assistance. This wire must be positive voltage. Not all bikes have this feature.

b. Connect to a positive terminal on a factory accessory terminal (if equipped) or to any wire which becomes active when the key is turned on (taillight for example)."

Any suggestions for a or b? I did a quick search to see if anyone posted a wire color diagram and came up empty. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Much appreciated...

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The '03 does not have an (a) option. For (b), the orange wire with a green stripe is a common source. The connection to the rear brake light switch or the OEM heated grip connector behind the radiator are typical places to find it. Another (b) option is a brown wire inside the sheath running to the left of the under seat tool tray.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a bunch....hope to get it all up and running tomorrow. As usual, missing little spades and such to make good connections as well. Hardware store run tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts
So many times, I click on a thread because I'm about to undertake the same project as the original poster, and there's greywolf with all the answers before I even ask them.

greywolf rocks. :thumbup:

Now all I need is a round tuit. Anyone got one for sale?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just finished. Used the brown in the sheath. Works like a charm. GPS turns on when the key does. Hooray! Thanks Greywolf...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts