StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
5,378 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you have the time I would like to know what the unused 2 wire connector is for on the left side of the bike close to the battery. One wire is white with a blue stripe and the other is black with a white stripe. Thanks, Jack

·
Registered
14,877 Posts
An Alarm for a Strom? Do people really steal these things?
Well, maybe in England. Seems they have a rampant bike theft problem.

·
Registered
114 Posts
"An Alarm for a Strom? Do people really steal these things?"

Reminds me of a thread on the Goldwing forum several years ago. Somebody asked about the best method of securing the Wing against theft. The reply was that there was no known incident of a Goldwing ever being stolen.

·
Registered
470 Posts
If you have the time I would like to know what the unused 2 wire connector is for on the left side of the bike close to the battery. One wire is white with a blue stripe and the other is black with a white stripe. Thanks, Jack
Wiring diagram shows a white/green wire and a black/white wire labeled as "option". White is 12V+ and black is ground, on same fuse as horn, brake, parking light, rear running light, etc. Appears to be for heated grips.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thank you Brock29609. The plug you mention is one I have used, the plug with the white/blue wire is a second unused plug that I have found. I will do some checks and see if it is on the same fuse.

·
Registered
470 Posts
The plug you mention is one I have used, the plug with the white/blue wire is a second unused plug that I have found.
Found the white/blue wire. It and the black/white wire run to the accessory power socket on the dash. It has a dedicated 3A fuse, fuse #1.

Edit: White/Blue also is used for the side stand relay. It runs to the engine kill switch.

·
Administrator
5,378 Posts
They recommand to have the bike wiring diagram.
Fine, but there are plenty of threads on this site about where to find an accessory power supply.
You should be able to glean what you need to know from the videos, and their instructions.
Suzuki has done a swifty in recent years by deleting the wiring diagram from the owners manual. The reason? Money. They seek to compel you to purchase an official Service Manual. Even Clymer and Haynes do not seem to supply current model service manuals.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have 4 high res photos of the 4 corners of the wiring diagram from the 2017 factory service manual, created and emailed at the OP's request. If anyone wants them, PM me your email address.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts