StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking arround and haven't seen any reviews yet, other than "I like the way they look" Anyone here tried them in the dirt? Whats your opinion, is it worth it? Are the lighter, stronger, or just bling?

·
Registered
14,819 Posts
I had wire rims on my old '89 GS. I think they might be lighter than the cast wheels and mo bettah around pot holes and rocks.
Some feller here posted about his new spoke wheels a while back. Google "Spoke wheels" in the little box at the top of the page.
That search works remarkably well.

·
Registered
326 Posts
spokies

Some feller here posted about his new spoke wheels a while back. Google "Spoke wheels" in the little box at the top of the page.
That search works remarkably well.
that feller is me

i put a WOODY'S WHEEL WORKS set on my WEE after an incident w/ a piece of furniture

i've only had a chance to put a few hundred miles on the new set, so far, & 60% of that has been on pavement

it SEEMS like they are lighter than the cast wheels, but i haven't weighed them & have no intention of doing so

as for using my WEE for OFF ROADING, i'll just stick to maintained surfaces & leave the serious dirt for the DR350 or TTR230, both of which will do/have done all i ever asked

so far, the spokies suit my fancy

shiny(on the WEE) side up

sw

1 - 3 of 3 Posts