StromTrooper banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
This is a great thread. Thanks all!

I bent my 07 Wee's front wheel a couple of years ago just to prove that my skills and that bike are not enough to climb up ledges. It held air well enough to ride home, but it seems foolish to start out on an adventure in subpar condition. I didn't discover the flattened rim until too late last season and the closest shop that I could find who would repair it is in Cincinnati - a bit of a drive from me.

I've been thinking about what to do if that repair doesn't work. A nice spoked front might be the answer, although after a couple of hard bicycle get-offs this winter, I am really limiting the Wee to fire roads and such. It is NOT a dirt bike. (the list of bent metal in addition to that wheel includes rear brake levers, center stands, the bash plate and a few other bits.)

Still, I love the bike.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Bent my front cast rim this summer hitting a rock at 60 mph in dusty dual track. Rim still holds air. For cost of wire wheels I bought a real dirt bike (xr400r for $700 plus upgrades). Now I have more fun offroad and my more expensive and fragile Wee stays within its limits.
Hey Kevin,

Did you repair the rim? Any light that you'd care to shed on the subject would be much appreciated. Thanks!

21 - 22 of 22 Posts