StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help.... Had to take the radiator off the Vee the other day, due to MUD-DOBBERs..., fan came on and made the most awful racket, took radiator off, and found 2 mud dopper's nests....... anyway, went ahead and flushed the radiator, flushed water thru the engine, now putting it back on, went to hooking back up all the wire harnesses that are tucked in behind the radiator, stuck to the shroud and all, and I have 1 harness left, with nowhere to hook it up..????? Its a two wir harness, 1 orange with green stripe, and 1 black wire with white stripe, coming with another harness from the engine to radiator area??? Now, I am sure, all the harnesses were hooked up somewhere, I think,,,, but for the life of me, there is no female plug to stick this one in!!!! I'm wanting to get this thing back together, but if I do, and something doesn't work, wellllll,,, the heat index has been over 105 all week, and my little fan in the shop, just don't kick enough air!! ha!! So, can someone tell me for sure, this just hangs there, or is something missing??? I'm going crazy!!! Thanks guys!!

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
There is one connector in that area for the OEM heated grips. You don't have heated grips, you have an extra connector.

Not to tell you how to work on your bike but I usually will number connectors if I'm taking a lot of stuff apart and have any concerns about getting A back with A and B back with B. Makes life a whole lot easier if you get taken away from a job and don't get to put it back together for a few days.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Heavy!! Makes sense. I usually do a better job, when I have the time. But this time, I was working fast, and thought i could remember....... I am over 50 now.... ha!! Plus, my lawnmower was fixed, so I had to stop and mow the grass.... 24 hrs later... what is this? Plus the mosquitoes were tearing me up, but enough with the excuses.... Now to put her back on the road!!! thanks again! Oh, stripped out 2 of the hose clamps.... ha!! Replacing all 4 on the hoses! Strongly recommend, and agree with all who replaced these little clamps. Junk.... Ride safe!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts