StromTrooper banner

Winter Solstice Dawn To Dusk Ride.

2355 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Number 6
7 days time its the Winter Solstice !
I'm planning a dawn to dusk ride on the 21st.
Starting at dawn in Sheffield on a 4 hour out and 4 hour back ride with a lunch stop around the 3-4 hour point and other stops along the way...
Any StromRiders fancy joining me ????
Could be a grand day out, whatever the weather ...
The route ? Sort of depends on the weather, we can literally decide on the day.
But I'm thinking Sheffield - Penrith and a lap of the Lake District ... about 350 miles...

This could be a great day out, meet and greet early at one of the 24 hour cafe's in Sheffield, and a full dawn to dusk ride.

Go on ... you know you want to......
Reactions: 1
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
I might take a lap around our local "pond" Lake Winnipesaukee, the loop is about 90 miles, but I won't be out at sunrise, I'll let it warm up a few degrees, Fahrenheit, or Celsius, either way, it's gonna be cold, I doubt it will go above freezing at all, during the day
Well that didn't quite work out .... so my erstwhile companions all dropped out one at a time during the last few days .... "My wife won't let me as there is an ambulance drivers strike " ..!! 😂
"I've got a back problem" Can't get it off the mattress ...!!! 🤣
Etc ... etc..
So just myself then ....
So i had a 4 hour ride out to the coast at Bridlington via York and back via Driffield and Howden..
First visit to the 24 / 7 Bikers cafe, Seaways, at Fridaythorpe ... excellent place.
Cold, bright, strong South Westerly wind ....

I'd just like to give a shout out to Oxford Heated Handlebar Grips for facilitating this ride ... cosy !!!

Vehicle Motor vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting Sky

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank
See less See more
Reactions: 1
Well done Landsurfer, you visited all my favourite places, I really wanted to come along but I'm glad I didn't say I would now as I'm still full of bronchitis and hate letting anybody down, I hope to join you on a future excursion when I am well enough!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts