StromTrooper banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a ride yesterday & the temp was 26 degrees. I tried out a set of these snow paws on the Wee. They fit right over the grips with the hard plastic brush guards. I have heated grips also. With the combination of these Snow paws & heated grips ( set on low) I was able to wear summed gloves and my hands were not cold at all. The snow paws block the wind completely & trap the heat from the grips inside very well. I'm just sharing a little useful info for those that need that little edge keeping their hands warm.
Parts Unlimited Snow Paws - Snow - Motorcycle Superstore

33 bucks is also reasonable.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
I bought the Kolpin Geartector ATV Mitts
Kolpin Geartector ATV Mitts - ATV - Motorcycle Superstore.

I had to modify them somewhat [cut them, sewed some velcro on em], so that the stock mirrors would be able to poke up thru the mitt. ATV's don't have mirrors so no matter what mitt you buy, you will be moddin' them.

They do indeed keep your hands toasty, so much so that electric grips are irrelevant - even with your normal everyday riding gloves. But, the thing that drove me nuttz about em, was that over 40-45mph, the wind pushes the mitt back against your brake and clutch levers. I thought the Kolpin's hard plastic outer front protector would help prevent this issue, but no - it's not a help. Now, I could tell that they really weren't being actuated by the wind pressure pushed mitts, but it was annoying to have to deal with them intruding in an area I like to keep clear [for obvious reasons].

Since then, I've installed OEM Suzuki plastic hand guards, and these Kolpins will fit OVER the Suzuki handguards, but the Kolpin's material kinda crowds the switchgear pods a bit. I'm sure with a little creative sewing, and some more velcro, I can make em work to my liking, but it's great not having em touch my levers at speed. But, it IS a bit weird not being able to see one's hands while riding..... I am entertaining the idea of cutting the Kolpins up, and attaching snap fasteners to the Suzuki handguards, so I can snap the wrist enclosure area of Kolpins onto the handguards. Kinda a hybrid of the two. Plus, by only using the wrist enclosure of the Kolpins, they'll be easily stored on the bike for those times I need to fully enclose my hands [think of a snap on passenger seat cover those Ural sidecars, or those old MG cars have]

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really don't have any pix yet.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I took a ride yesterday & the temp was 26 degrees. I tried out a set of these snow paws on the Wee. They fit right over the grips with the hard plastic brush guards. I have heated grips also. With the combination of these Snow paws & heated grips ( set on low) I was able to wear summed gloves and my hands were not cold at all. The snow paws block the wind completely & trap the heat from the grips inside very well. I'm just sharing a little useful info for those that need that little edge keeping their hands warm.
Parts Unlimited Snow Paws - Snow - Motorcycle Superstore

33 bucks is also reasonable.

You should try heated gloves and jacket liner...I heard they work great for those that need it in the winter...:mrgreen:

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
I have the same type of thing on my wee (20$ cdn at princess auto where they call them "motorcycle gloves").
I've been riding with my alpinestars smx6 mesh gloves for the last 3 winters now. No need for heated grips...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts