StromTrooper banner

Winter Projects???

6K views 53 replies 40 participants last post by  WIsixfitty 
#1 ·
For those of us unfortunate enough to live where winter intrudes; What projects(s) for/to the Strom do you have planned?

#10 · (Edited)
I plan to get the horn upgraded :) . work on building rack system :?
& install Heated grips :D :D
Only 3 more months till spring :wink:

#12 ·
First nice day, I'm 'gonna give it a good wash and clean of fthe dirt that's still there from the ride I took to West Virginia two months ago.

Or maybe not. I've sort of grown accustomed to that light brown coating all over my bike. Gives it character.

- Tom

#14 ·
For those of you who mentioned installing a horn, I am really pleased with the Stebel. I mounted mine in a different location that worked out well on my DL1000. I made a bracket out of some bar stock & painted it black. The switch housing came from amotostuff.com. I tapped into the stock horn wiring at the handle bars, with the switch off it is the stock horn, with it on both sound (although the stock horn is pretty much inaudible with the Stebel on :)

#16 ·
Inverted1 said:
For those of you who mentioned installing a horn, I am really pleased with the Stebel.
Better yet, install two Stebels. I've got one tucked in behind the right passenger peg and the other on the inside of the left luggage rack. (DL650)

#17 ·
winter

Winter sucks but i plan to make some footpeg brackets to lower the pegs just a skosh. Also some bag mounts. I like soft bags because you can get oddball shaped stuff in them. Even if you have to have it stick out the top of the bag. Hard bags restrict what you can put in them.

#18 ·
winter

Winter sucks but i plan to make some footpeg brackets to lower the pegs just a skosh. Also some bag mounts. I like soft bags because you can get oddball shaped stuff in them. Even if you have to have it stick out the top of the bag. Hard bags restrict what you can put in them.

#19 ·
Well being new to the Vstrom and wanting to ride a touch longer in upstate NY I need some heated grips. They ordered the Symtecs, they should be hear leter this week. On Saturday I did the DIY mod to the mufflers with the 4 holes. I think it sounds better. After that I just ride until they start salting the roads and then it goes away til spring.

#21 ·
I have several projects for winter which by the way seems to have arrived here with a vengenge this past weekend. I had hoped to ride well into November at least. (grrr)
It was to be a Summer project but since no parts arrived....If I ever get my SW-Motech side racks I have a couple of equipment cases I plan on turning into side cases. I have a smaller pelican case which will then become the trunk. After that I will be installing a Blue Seas fuse block so I can attach a Stebel airhorn, some fog lamps, wiring for my GPS and an aux power outlet for airpump etc. Dan Vessel skidplate,Givi crash bars and a homemade windscreen is also somewhere on the list.
All this will happen if and when I can get the VStom through the door of my workshop. :rolleyes: Right now it is looking somewhat forlorn with a pile of snow on its bike cover.

#22 ·
I've got a few goodies on the way for the Wee... Stebel Nautilus+Eastern Beaver wiring kit, Blue Sea fuse block and a Powerlet outlet.

The XR is getting a 48T rear sprocket and new chain. Maybe a lowering kit and heavy-duty shark-fin and chain guide too, if I've been good this year.

- Martin

#23 ·
Mine is to get my new 650A into my garage and basically refit it in a similar fashion to my old bike plus a Scotts steering stabilizer. I have everything but the bike. If it takes much longer to arrive at the dealer, I may have a spring project.

#24 ·
I can imagine your getting pretty antsy as it seems like its been forever since your accident, and I'm sure your ready to go. Hopefully it will take all winter to fit your bike with all the upgrades and we'll have a early spring.

#27 ·
I'm itching to ride. I't takes about a year for soft tissue injuries to really get back to normal but I can live with a little soreness and stiffness when extending myself. See my post in the Mods and Performance forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.