StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of us unfortunate enough to live where winter intrudes; What projects(s) for/to the Strom do you have planned?

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For The Fabulous Trashwagon, I'm going to powdercoat the rack black, mount up a set of Tourances and learn how 'th hell to use the Garmin GPS so it and I see eye-to-eye

·
Registered
268 Posts
Fourvalve:
I strongly recommend downloading and printing the user's manual of Map source provided in pdf.
Learn it, Know it, Live it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am planning to convert PIAA driving lights to HID and install on my Wee.
Another project is Motech Racks and pelican cases installition
Redo the wiring for blue sea fuse block+horns

To much ideas,lots of $$$$ , no time

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Extra hours from work, helping convert this stie, etc.

Sadly, I don't do much during the winter in terms of the bike.

However, if I get my handguards and heated grips, that will change. At least until the first snow/ice storm.

Tige

·
Registered
72 Posts
I purchase a mild wrecked bike and plan to get it up in shape. REally need a right hand fairing cowl.

Fourvalve said:
For those of us unfortunate enough to live where winter intrudes; What projects(s) for/to the Strom do you have planned?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I plan to get the horn upgraded :) . work on building rack system :?
& install Heated grips :D :D
Only 3 more months till spring :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Will be installing Stebel horn, highway pegs, Back off brake light flasher and whatever I get for Xmas. Note to self, stop using credit card.

·
Registered
177 Posts
First nice day, I'm 'gonna give it a good wash and clean of fthe dirt that's still there from the ride I took to West Virginia two months ago.

Or maybe not. I've sort of grown accustomed to that light brown coating all over my bike. Gives it character.

- Tom

·
press any key to continue
124 Posts
For those of you who mentioned installing a horn, I am really pleased with the Stebel. I mounted mine in a different location that worked out well on my DL1000. I made a bracket out of some bar stock & painted it black. The switch housing came from amotostuff.com. I tapped into the stock horn wiring at the handle bars, with the switch off it is the stock horn, with it on both sound (although the stock horn is pretty much inaudible with the Stebel on :)

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Inverted1 said:
For those of you who mentioned installing a horn, I am really pleased with the Stebel.
Better yet, install two Stebels. I've got one tucked in behind the right passenger peg and the other on the inside of the left luggage rack. (DL650)

·
Registered
72 Posts
winter

Winter sucks but i plan to make some footpeg brackets to lower the pegs just a skosh. Also some bag mounts. I like soft bags because you can get oddball shaped stuff in them. Even if you have to have it stick out the top of the bag. Hard bags restrict what you can put in them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
winter

Winter sucks but i plan to make some footpeg brackets to lower the pegs just a skosh. Also some bag mounts. I like soft bags because you can get oddball shaped stuff in them. Even if you have to have it stick out the top of the bag. Hard bags restrict what you can put in them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well being new to the Vstrom and wanting to ride a touch longer in upstate NY I need some heated grips. They ordered the Symtecs, they should be hear leter this week. On Saturday I did the DIY mod to the mufflers with the 4 holes. I think it sounds better. After that I just ride until they start salting the roads and then it goes away til spring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone owning a strom, in my opinion, would never, ever contemplate not riding in winter..therefore there are no such projects to be considered..

1 - 20 of 54 Posts