StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys and Girls, The cooler winter weather hasn't stopped this QLD wee rider from riding today, i had a run out to Canungra this morning left home around 7.30 am and there was frost on the ground leading into Canungra, after getting back home the weather had warmed up too much to stay inside so i decided to take a run out to the bay (Wellington point) ,what a perfect run ,stopped to grab a coffee and bumped into a guy that i worked with about 3 years ago (R1 Rider) sat and talked bikes ,a great way to finish off a top weekend .Pic attached taken outside of a small church that i had past to and from work for 17 years when i worked over that way .all up a top weekend.Ride Safe Paul.

Attachments

·
Registered
608 Posts
Good on you, Oz Strom. Next time you're coming down this way yell out and maybe some of us Gold Coast Strom guys can meet you at Canungra for a coffee.

I went for a blat this morning to test out my new hand grip warmers (installation story HERE). They were going good till I did a bit of off-road and knocked the feeble cheap switch.

Are you heading down to Woodenbong for the APC Rally send off? If you haven't heard about it clickity HERE (scroll down a bit).

Cheers,

·
Registered
515 Posts
Good on you, Oz Strom. Next time you're coming down this way yell out and maybe some of us Gold Coast Strom guys can meet you at Canungra for a coffee.
eggzakary...

Coffee at Canungra with the Gold Coast clan is compulsory you know !!

:beatnik:

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Hi Guys and Girls, The cooler winter weather hasn't stopped this QLD wee rider from riding today, i had a run out to Canungra this morning left home around 7.30 am and there was frost on the ground leading into Canungra,
Damn right it was cold at Canungra this weekend, for the first time in the 13 years I've been on Oz I hit a patch of ice on a road ;) - on that little road up to O Reilly's where it cuts through the valley.

I went up to take a look at Duck creek road - been badly treated over the winter - foot deep mud bottomed ruts with sharp rocks sticking up. I gave up when I got to the wall to wall mud wallow that looked big enough to swallow a bus , came back down out of the hills and hit some of the mellower dirt roads around that area instead.

I didn't need heated grips - but a heated seat would have been welcome ;)

Pete

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Guys and Girls , i do the ride to Canungra each Sunday morning with my dad sometimes other family members occasionally get up early enough to join us ,the ride from Loganholme through beenleigh to Canungra is a favourite run for my dad who celebrates his 72nd birthday tomorrow :thumbup:and still enjoys getting out on his 650 Burgman ,we have our coffee and pies at the cafe' across the road from the outpost cafe' ,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts