StromTrooper banner

Winter destinations

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  LoloPD 
#1 ·
Anyone got a favorite get away in the winter to go ride? Thinking of taking a long weekend and heading towards the desert. Actually got out for a little ride in western Wyoming this week, so clearly the skiing sucks. Thinking of putting the strom in the back of the truck, driving south until it seems appropriate to unload and spend a couple days wandering. Suggestions or interest in joining? Probably some time in the next 6 weeks or so.

Sam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Would LOVE to join in on a ride, Sam. Alas, I'm way the hell out on the east coast in 2 ft of snow and sub - zero temps. Don't think I'm gonna make it. But it's great to hear SOMEONE in a snow belt is gonna beat this shit! By the way, my son, Joe, and his family live in Jackson. I'v got grandsons Andy and SAM!! I'll be out your way, staying in Victor, ID, this coming July and August.
Ride safe. Enjoy!
gary

#12 ·
Would LOVE to join in on a ride, Sam. Alas, I'm way the hell out on the east coast in 2 ft of snow and sub - zero temps. Don't think I'm gonna make it. But it's great to hear SOMEONE in a snow belt is gonna beat this shit! By the way, my son, Joe, and his family live in Jackson. I'v got grandsons Andy and SAM!! I'll be out your way, staying in Victor, ID, this coming July and August.

Ride safe. Enjoy!

gary

Small world- you bringing a bike out this summer? Noticed in your profile we’re in the same line of work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
"highs in the upper 50s"

That's funny. I don't think if 50 degrees as balmy. But if your temps have hovering lower than that it may seen good.
Lows in the 50's seems more reasonable. The protective pads in the riding gear are at least a bit flexible in that temp range.

#14 ·
For those of you in Europe, if you follow ‘The Missendon Flyer’ on YouTube, he’s just done a weekend riding holiday in Gran Canary.... said it was the BEST riding experience of his life.
Incredible scenery. Breathtaking roads. Perfect weather!
Check it out on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone8

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.