StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am to supply the wine for Thanksgiving. The best winery in Colo is the Abby in Canon City. So I plan to ride down there on Wednesday. The least amount of I25, maybe come back on Phantom canyon and Cripple Creek. Depends on the road conditions. Leave my house in Centennial about 09:00 and back about 17:00. Weather permitting of course. Anybody wanna go?
You know "Its not about the wine, its about the ride":yesnod:

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'm headed to LAX and SFO most of next week so I'm out.

We pass by the Abbey frequently en route to the fun twisties on Hwy 50 and keep meaning to stop in there.... I'll have to make that a destination ride some mild winter day this year.
What are their best varietal(s) ?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have a really good Reisling, and my wife likes thier desert wine. Thier stoer is neat, filled with real trendy stuff. We are already "over stuffed" with too much junk, so don't need that.

·
$tromTrooper
1,741 Posts
Old Man, that would be really fun and I could sign up for that in a heartbeat, but I am out of state as well. I will be in Utah on Wednesday and Thursday.

Don't suppose you want to delay the ride until Friday, do ya?

It was good to ride the bike on Saturday, if only running errands around town. Tyler followed me everywhere on the NX.

·
$tromTrooper
1,741 Posts
I agree... We always have some days here and there in the 50's throughout winter....and that would be a good ride. Going south to lower elevations and warmer temps will make for a good ride.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You missed it! We had a nice time. Had lunch in Canon City. Then returned via Phantom Canyon. 5 bikes total. I'm be chastised for "Bruising" the wine. However I point out, that, the delivery trucks are more harsh riding than my WeeStrom.:green_lol:

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts