Strom Trooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a new whine on my bike while running. I have the location down. It just under the back of the tank or in front of the seat. It is high pitched and it has been doing for a 400 miles. Before I take the tank off and start to the take the bike apart. Does anyone know what is located right there that would cause a wine?

I would like to have the parts when I start and do the air filter at the same time.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
16,723 Posts
Yup....called the fuel pump, and it might be about to go tits up on ya.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hi Paddle, the fuel pump would be my first thought, too. BUT, what is the mileage on your bike? 2012 seems too new to have a worn out fuel pump.

Cheers,
Glenn

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,082 Posts
A restricted filter or pinched fuel line can cause the fuel pump to whine.

Might be time to investigate the external fuel filter mod?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha, time for a fuel filter bypass about 100,000 miles ago...:smile2:
To be honest. This is the first issue I have had with the bike on any issue that "I have not caused". Otherwise I have just done maintenance the oil change, air filter, tire etc..... and ride.

I keep looking at the GS bikes. But if this is the first Suzuki issue I have had, it is hard to think about a new bike. Plus mine would worthless on secondary market.

·
Registered
479 Posts
To be honest. This is the first issue I have had with the bike on any issue that "I have not caused". Otherwise I have just done maintenance the oil change, air filter, tire etc..... and ride.

I keep looking at the GS bikes. But if this is the first Suzuki issue I have had, it is hard to think about a new bike. Plus mine would worthless on secondary market.
No kidding, you have done so well with that bike there is no reason to change up strategies now!

Do the fuel filter mod and see if you get any improvement on the whining noise. You will likely need a new suction screen so might as well get it and the external filter, fuel line and clamps prior to taking the tank off. I think there are replacement aftermarket fuel pump motors available on ebay and other online retailers if the bypass doesn't cure the issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts