StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I would post this mod here for the Windstrom owners that would like to have the plastic screw cover on.

Finally got around to putting the Windstrom on the K7 today. The Windstrom doesn't come with a hole for the screw cover peg to go into, so I drilled the hole in the shield with a unibit step drill bit. I didn't want to cut the peg off as per Windstrom instructions, because with just the screw it would turn. After I got the holes drilled and flanged so they wouldn't crack I mounted the shield. After I trimed the flange off of the big end of the screw cover to make it flat I found it didn't cover the screws and bracket very well. I found I could turn the cover upside down (big end on top) and the coverage for the MadStad brackets and screws was almost perfect. Used the stock screw and picked up a 5X80 lock nut at the hardware store along with a 1/2" rubber seal for a faucet since the hole in the MadStad was for the peg, it was to large for the well nut. Everything come out great.

Don't pay any attention to the white powder in the pics, that is just Honda shield polish I didn't blow off.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sweet I have a Windstrom on the way! How do you like the shield? What position works best for you? I'm about 5'8" so I'm hoping this will cure my buffetting issue.

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet I have a Windstrom on the way! How do you like the shield? What position works best for you? I'm about 5'8" so I'm hoping this will cure my buffetting issue.
I don't know on this bike, it's to cold outside to try. It's been -7 or 8 deg every morning for the last week with highs around 9 if we are lucky. I rode this same setup last summer on an K6, MadStad bracket and WindStrom with the MadStad mounted in the middle position, shield all the way down with the tilt about 1/4 of the way back. It worked great for me, I'm 5' 11".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts