StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recieved and installed my new Secdem windshield today. Looks really nice, like it was actually meant for the Wee.

Will have to wait abit before I can road test it, as there is still several ft of snow around.

cheers

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally got to try out the new Secdem shield!

I initially installed it at the lowest setting and went for a good scoot down the hiway and in and around town. Noticed an immediate and huge improvement in wind noise with absolutaly no buffetting. I found if I hunched down about an inch, it got even quieter.
I moved the screen to the 2nd setting, I can still easily see over it and the wind noise is basically no longer an issue. I can even ride with my helmet visor down now (before it was like a tornado inside my helmet with it down) and it is a real treat.

I then took the bike for a spin trying out my pals brand spankin new Caberg helmet. This is a helmet that has a built in sunvisor on the inside of the helmet, and it slides up into the helmet when not in use. I was fully prepared to buy one, right up until I tried it on my Wee. The wind noise from this helmet was terrible! With the visor down, it was like I never installed a new windshield.

So, I will stay with my old lid (only 2yrs old) and wear sunglasses.

I am very impressed with the Secdem and the price was right at 150.00 Cdn.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Sounds like a good find. You need to mention your height and inseam so we can judge if it might be good for the rest of us.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
5'7" with about a 28" inseam
with the shield in the second pos'n, I am still easily looking over the top of the shield

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
That is the way to give info. You have 4" on your upper body that I have on my inseam. I might be looking through the shield. I often say I am blessed as I like the stock shield and it works for me. Do you still have the stock shield and have you considered selling it if it's in good shape??

rcacs said:
5'7" with about a 28" inseam
with the shield in the second pos'n, I am still easily looking over the top of the shield

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im sure in the lowest pos/n you would still easily look over it Wolf. I have my old shield, mint shape, but will hang on to it for now.
I plan to have about 80,000km on the Wee at the end of this summer, so will put the shield back on it when I trade in for an 07.

cheers

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
I think you have the only other 2005 model sold with the same mileage as I accumulate 8) I figure I'll be at 60,000 by the time the season is done. If I can find a damm job and get time off for trips I could hit 40,000km to go with the 30,000km I ran last summer 8)

rcacs said:
Im sure in the lowest pos/n you would still easily look over it Wolf. I have my old shield, mint shape, but will hang on to it for now.
I plan to have about 80,000km on the Wee at the end of this summer, so will put the shield back on it when I trade in for an 07.

cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am dealing with the great windshield debate, I have just 200km on my new 04 DL1000 and love the bike but hate the buffetting above 100km/h. I seem to be spending a lot of time researching fixes but I just can't seem to decide on which one to choose (ie. Laminar Lip, Givi, Windstrom, and on and on) I really don't want to spend tons of $$$$ on endless windshield selections. I had a 650 out for a test ride last year and loved the bike, but we never got up to highway speeds, so the buffetting issue never showed up

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do believe that the Secdem is by far the cheapest alternative windshield. It looks great, provides considerable more coverage than the stock shield.
The laminar lip, in my opinion is a real goofy lookin thing, and you still have a very small (stock) windshield.
I will take some pics of my Wee and send to anyone that wants them.
It is a balmy zero out right now, and my pal will be over shortly to go for a ride.

Cheers!

·
Registered
18 Posts
rcacs said:
I do believe that the Secdem is by far the cheapest alternative windshield. It looks great, provides considerable more coverage than the stock shield.
The laminar lip, in my opinion is a real goofy lookin thing, and you still have a very small (stock) windshield.
I will take some pics of my Wee and send to anyone that wants them.
It is a balmy zero out right now, and my pal will be over shortly to go for a ride.

Cheers!
Looking forward to seing some pictures of your bike, had mine out for a run today. It got all the way up to 5 deg.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I cant post the pics to the forum. Send me your email if you would like pix of the bike with the Secdem windshield.

cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
windshield

02 vstrom here; 5'10" inseam 30" (i think); have read all about windscreens since buying the bike last fall but not sure what to do either; limited budget so this sounds interesting and I'm in (Montreal) Quebec. I'll call them tomorrow but do you think I can look over it if I want to? Is it adjustable or does it come in different heights? Took my bike out today so now I'm looking for stuff too...

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Martin, check out motovan.com for farkles. They handle Shad luggage and the distributers are in your home province too.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the 02 and 03 Strom uses a completely different screen than 04 and up. Unsure how effective the replacement is for the older ones.

cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts