StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I winterized my Weestrom, with TKC80's and about 130 studs. Problem is, the stock windscreen with a Madstad in the highest position pushes the air right about chin level for me. (I'm 6'8")

What windshield do I want to replace this with? Givi? I've heard recommendations against the larger Suzuki shield.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I'm 6'-5". I'm using the Suzuki tall touring seat currently. I have a Madstad bracket with a Givi shield. The Madstad is mounted in the middle oem position, and I generally ride with the shield all the way down in the Madstad. It is an absolutely excellent combination. I have to believe there would be plenty of adjustment for you to feel the same way at 6'-8".

Good luck.

·
Administrator
18,165 Posts
That is strange.....should be hitting you in the chest??????:confused:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm 6'-5". I'm using the Suzuki tall touring seat currently. I have a Madstad bracket with a Givi shield. The Madstad is mounted in the middle oem position, and I generally ride with the shield all the way down in the Madstad. It is an absolutely excellent combination. I have to believe there would be plenty of adjustment for you to feel the same way at 6'-8".

Good luck.
If it works for you at 6'5", I might have 2" of torso on you, and that would work with the high position. Thanks for the post! :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is strange.....should be hitting you in the chest??????:confused:
Might hit me in the upper chest, now that you mention it; I have a pretty heavy jacket, and pretty light covering on my neck.

In either case, higher is better in icky weather. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts