StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Bailey a couple of weeks ago before my vacation to try and roust Craig into making a V-strom shield. He is working on a Bergman shield currently because zillions of those scooters have been sold.

He was supposed to design it in the Fall, but he didn't say Fall of which year. I got all of the staff cranked up about a V shield.

They want to have what they call a V-strom Windshield Forum. They want at least 5 2004 or newer bikes, they will design a few different shields, the 5 people (or more) can go to Bailey and test ride one while riding to Fairplay. They get a free lunch at Fairplay, switch shields and ride back to Bailey testing one of the other designs.

The only catch is that he wants stock bikes, with stock seats, and no bar risers, so that leaves me out unless I want to change the whole bike over. Once they get past the initial stock design then they will custom fit them like they have always done.

So, tell anyone you know with a V-strom so we can get enough stock bikes together when Craig is ready. It will probably be pretty cold out when that happens, but a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do (girls too). He said he wants Colorado people, but I think he said that because he didn't think out of staters would be around in the winter. So, I would say ANYONE can do the testing.

We need everyone to keep contacting him so he will be more motivated to get this project rolling. He makes VERY good shields.

http://www.clearviewshields.com/index.htm

1-800-798-6089

[email protected]

59913 Hwy 285
Ste E.
Bailey CO. 80421

G

·
0 Posts
Clearview Windshield

I live in the foothills in Golden. I just purchased a new 05' 650 and called Clearview after hearing fantastic things about them. I offered my stock bike (did add the Suzuki handguards) to them for design and testing purposes, but they said it would be several months before they would be able to consider designing a windshield for a V-Strom. I am 6'1" with a 32" inseam and am confused about the mixed bag of reviews for all the other screens on the market.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had a wonderful clearview shield on my Yamaha TDM850. It was very high quality. The fit and finish was excellent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts