StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after 2 days of owning my 650 I came to a conclusion that the Suzuki windscreen is USELESS

I rather ride w/o

what should I do about the nose fairing?? to cover up where the screen was

·
Administrator
17,096 Posts
Put a much better screen in its place, or cut the stocker down with a jig or bandsaw.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
I'd suggest covering that space with a MadStad bracket ($80) and a GIVI tall windsheild ($120).

It will be the best $200 you'll spend on the bike.

·
$Whatever$
1,599 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
BTW Newfo, my lowers arrived today.
Good to hear, buddy!

Can't wait to see some photos from you, after they're painted and installed.

And yeah...

The sport screen is kind of a natural choice for a Strom with JMV lowers.

·
Registered
105 Posts
A second vote for MP Cycledesign

http://www.mpcycledesign.com/
Scroll down a bit. They have a cover for the nose........

A second on the MP Cycledesign and when combined with their version of Madstad it is a great combination. I've got the 23" Sport Touring screen with MP's Madstads and love it.
The owner Paul is a great guy to deal with e.g.when I misplaced one of the screen bolts he sent a set of four immediately at no charge. I also had some trouble with my Canadian address and their website and Paul send my windscreen before my payment got straightened out so I would have it in time for a tour.
pilgrim

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just got home from a quick 112 miles ride w/o the screen...felt much better....I really dont want a HUGE screen...I think I ll just get a small cover or cut the OEM screen shorter....tomorrow I have a 200 miles ride to the Keys here in FL..should be fun...40+ sportbikes and the Wee....I guess I ll be the only one not doing fuel stops or getting an ice pack for my ass

hahahaaa

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I'd suggest covering that space with a MadStad bracket ($80) and a GIVI tall windsheild ($120).

It will be the best $200 you'll spend on the bike.
+1, Works for me and I cannot be happier. I can carry on a conversation with passenger, not pain in the neck after 6 hours in the saddle, and the madstat allows me to adjsut for air temps, steeper and high in the transition times and poor weather, short and laid back in the warm months, what a major impovement!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts