StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy a new windscreen for my Wee in the next week or so. Can you all recommend a windscreen to go with a Madstad bracket that will reduce (or eliminate, hah) wind noise and buffeting for a person approx 5 foot 10 inches tall? I have already cured most of my buffeting problems by putting Wolfman Tank Panniers on the bike btw.

Searched and I been reading old posts for the past week regarding this, but still not sure which way to go.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
So, you already have the Madstad? That helps the stocker a great deal.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doug, where did you buy your Wolfman tank panniers?
Bought it at a cycle shop outside Louisville. They had them on a special sale due to Wolfman replacing them with a new bag called the Rolie. Wolfman has discontinued the regular panniers like I got. I guess that they didn't sell as well as they wanted them to.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, you already have the Madstad? That helps the stocker a great deal.
My stock windscreen was damaged in the accident that I had 3 weeks ago. Have to replace it. I was just about to pull the trigger on my Madstad purchase when the accident happened. I haven't purchased it yet.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'm close to your height (5'-9") and I have a medium height California Scientific windshield mounted on a Madstad. Very happy with it so far...

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
The Madstad + stock shield works great for me. I'm 5'8" and run the shield pretty low with just a little tilt back. If I needed a new shield, I probably wouldn't get the stocker. I also seemed to get a lot of turbulance off the stock mirrors. I like my Aprilia mirrors. They smoothed up the turbulance AND I can actually see things other than my shoulders.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
I think that any aftermarket windscreen combined with a Madstad bracket, would satisfy. Adjustability is the key factor here - everyone is different.

·
Registered
140 Posts
They have a bracket and windscreen combo listed on thier site that I was interested in.Looks good anyway.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Cee Bailey 23 in

I am also 5-10, I have a CeeBailey 23in and I have been very happy with the Madstad and CB combo. I ride mostly on the highway for a 120 mile daily coommute, the adjustments with the Madstad and the CB work well for me! They have offered a group buy in the past, it's worth checking that option! Ride sfae!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Will have to get the bike out and take a pic. Looks like you will have to settle for a pic from my iPhone as I can't find my camera right now.

Also, Pat Walsh Designs has the Wolfman Panniers listed on the website. Not sure about availability though.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Okay, now let's see if I remember how to do this...

That on the top of the tank is a Wolfman Rainier tankbag. Love it. On, and no, my knees don't touch the tank panniers although if my legs were any longer they might.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for going to that trouble! Of course, you had to get it out anyway to ride...right? lol

I used cheap tractor supply atv tank panniers on my klr occasionally. Kept my legs warm in cold weather. Setup looks good, givis on the back sides?

I need a better tank bag too, will check out wolfman ranier.

Again, thanks!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for going to that trouble! Of course, you had to get it out anyway to ride...right? lol

I used cheap tractor supply atv tank panniers on my klr occasionally. Kept my legs warm in cold weather. Setup looks good, givis on the back sides?

I need a better tank bag too, will check out wolfman ranier.

Again, thanks!
Yep, E41's. Really like them too. That little door on the top of each side is super handy. They are really really wide though, have to watch myself in parking lots when they are on as it is easy to miscalculate and brush them against stuff.

I have just placed an order for SW-Motech engine guards and skid plate, Suzuki Handguards and an ATV-Hi handlebar. Ordered some other goodies, but don't remember what all right now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ditto Awannabee. I have the Madstad in its lowest mounting position on the bike, the small Cee Bailey in its lowest mounting position on the Madstad, and the Madstad in its most prone and forward position. Not much more than a sportbike windshield, and no particular buffeting. High-pressure air stream catches me just above the face shield, just right for forced air into my helmet vents. Low pressure air flow through the venturi over the beak and under the Cee Bailey is enough for the manly chest (insert derogatory response here). Much more pressure on the fronts of my legs, similarly better for ventilation there. It's been in the mid-90s for all but two days since the end of May, so more air is a good thing.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
The Madstad + Givi D260ST combination works very well for me
:thumbup: Me too.
Be sure to read the warning sticker on the Givi about parking in the sun. Basically don't park if the sun will be behind you or put a cover on it. Several members have found out the hard way that you can melt the dash.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Will the Pat Walsh radar shelf adequately shade the dash, plus provide a place for a light radar detector or GPS?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts