StromTrooper banner

2241 - 2257 of 2257 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Before you jump on the pricey version.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MJTJTK1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

image.png

Best $50 evah. Common complaint on the cbf1000 and this fixes it.
Likely work on a lot of bikes,
Seems identical to expensive MRA Vario but waaaay less money. Fiddly to assemble but worth the effort. Extended my touring range big time. I avoided this route before as way too expensive and never sure it would work. It does and it's cheap
Looks a bit ugly but the quiet is worth it. (y)

Okay ...as one other guy found out it can shed parts on the highway which it did today but still useable and can be prevented.
Found one part but not the other. Still functional

Be careful to get the locks correct as I lost a piece after an adjustment. Still serviceable but annoying. Found one of the missing bits but not the other half ...I clearly did not lock it firmly. It was an easy fix tho
Best $50 evah? Mmmm - no thanks

Reactions: NeverSatisfied

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I went with the PUIG touring screen. Dark smoke, $118 shipped. I'll review it here once I get it. 🍺

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Got it today. Installed it already. 90+ degrees here so maybe later in the week I'll review it.

Stay cool. 🆒 🍺 🍺 🍻

·
Registered
295 Posts
Before you jump on the pricey version.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MJTJTK1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

image.png

Best $50 evah. Common complaint on the cbf1000 and this fixes it.
Likely work on a lot of bikes,
Seems identical to expensive MRA Vario but waaaay less money. Fiddly to assemble but worth the effort. Extended my touring range big time. I avoided this route before as way too expensive and never sure it would work. It does and it's cheap
Looks a bit ugly but the quiet is worth it. (y)

Okay ...as one other guy found out it can shed parts on the highway which it did today but still useable and can be prevented.
Found one part but not the other. Still functional

Settled on this angle - might help someone starting fresh.

A little more on the vario screen.

Marginal photos but might serve as a starting point for someone just installing.
I dropped the vario screen down a bit as I moved the seat to the lowest position. And kept the angle of the vario the same as the CBF1000 screen.
I could still easily see over the screen but no buffeting (y)

Be careful to get the locks correct as I lost a piece after an adjustment. Still serviceable but annoying. Found one of the missing bits but not the other half ...I clearly did not lock it firmly. It was an easy fix tho
Count me as another disappointed user. Mine fell apart as well, on the road, after maybe a week. Cheaper initial purchase, yes, but ultimately money wasted. Meanwhile, i've got the actual MRA spoiler, which has been used on several different bikes over the years and is still going strong. I will not throw my money away on Chinese copycat junk, in the future. You get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
5,053 Posts
It's an easy fix if you know what the issue is ( the lock ). I can't see the MRA worth the money.
MRA X-Creen Touring Clamp-On Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade Windshield Extension
4.6 | (90) $222.48 CDN :eek:
Make the name brand half that price and it's worthwhile.
At $35 US for the knock off it's worth it just to see if it works. It does and it's a keeper. ☕

and catch this
Please note: The MRA X-creen Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blades are NOT returnable once the original factory packaging has been opened.

Fit on particular original windscreens is NOT guaranteed. If you wish to have a windscreen with a preinstalled VarioTouring Extension Spoiler, please see MRA's VarioTouringScreens for Faired Bikes or MRA's VarioTouringScreen for Naked Bikes!

Twisted Throttle LLC and MRA are not responsible for any damage to an original windscreen resulting from use or installation of this product.
Amazon I can return it ...what's up with MRA .....??

·
Registered
295 Posts
It's an easy fix if you know what the issue is ( the lock ). I can't see the MRA worth the money.

Make the name brand half that price and it's worthwhile.
At $35 US for the knock off it's worth it just to see if it works. It does and it's a keeper. ☕

and catch this

Amazon I can return it ...what's up with MRA .....??
Well, fixing the lock is not possible, since it fell off in the roadway and probably got run over by a thousand cars by now. (Although I did go back later and look for it, to no avail.)
Ideally, I'd like to find the windshield solution that doesn't even require a spoiler. Simpler is better, in my book. Still playing around with what Madstad shield works best, in what position. It gets pretty frustrating; maybe my expectations are just too high. Well thanks for your recommendation, anyway! I do agree the MRA is over-priced. Safe travels.

·
Premium Member
5,053 Posts
By fixing I mean just put two nuts on a bolt and donel

I've never needed a spoiler until the cfb1000 as there is no adequate aftermarket screen.

·
Premium Member
5,053 Posts
I'll try tomorrow but basically the weakness is the locking mechanism - on the arms that let you set the angle of the blade. The lock slips...the two parts separate and they fall.
The round bits with two slots are half of a two part mechanism to lock the angle
Instead put a small bolt through with locking nuts or a single aircraft fastener.
Putting a little tension on the curve of the deflector tends to keep them in place but you learn that AFTER the event. 🤪
I also lost mine on the highway and found one part not the matching half.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'll try tomorrow but basically the weakness is the locking mechanism - on the arms that let you set the angle of the blade. The lock slips...the two parts separate and they fall.
The round bits with two slots are half of a two part mechanism to lock the angle
Instead put a small bolt through with locking nuts or a single aircraft fastener.
Putting a little tension on the curve of the deflector tends to keep them in place but you learn that AFTER the event. 🤪
I also lost mine on the highway and found one part not the matching half.
Ok here's what's missing on mine. It's the actual lock lever. Not sure we're talking about the same part. But if so, I'm all ears!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Got a ride in yesterday with the PUIG screen. My review? It didn't help much with the wind noise. I can try the high position next I suppose.

God help me if I need to buy a Gold WIng. o_O

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Got a ride in yesterday with the PUIG screen. My review? It didn't help much with the wind noise. I can try the high position next I suppose.

God help me if I need to buy a Gold WIng. o_O
Your persistence is impressive. Perhaps though it may be time to lower your expectation of a quiet ride without buffeting behind a motorcycle wind screen. Kinda like chasing a convertible you can drive with the top down and not get your hair tousled. (GW's are too big for my liking!)

·
Premium Member
5,053 Posts
MacDoc, where'd ya go? Still hoping to fix my spoiler... 🙄
All day summer solstice ride starting 5.30 am. I got in 560 km then too hot and too sore but lead guy and member here managed 1350 km 🤪 Stunning day - Shane/Juans end of day photo.

It was 33C when I got home and likely 45C in the garage.

Will try for a photo this morning

·
Premium Member
5,053 Posts
This should give you enough info to do it with some elegance ...this is a kludge but works the charm.

just replaces this

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,053 Posts
Thanks but that was Juan's photo ....he completed the sunrise to sunset from 5.30 am to 10 pm when he got home. Some 1300 km - he was the last man riding. I bailed part way in.

Hope you can get the spoiler working ...it is effective

2241 - 2257 of 2257 Posts