StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped the bike in the garage and scratched the dog-mess out of it. The bike came with a mad-stad bracket, and I've never replaced a shield before. Any advice on best windscreen for max protection with a mad-stad? The old windscreen was stock. Thanks.

·
Registered
522 Posts
If you are looking for good protection and don't mind looking through the shield, the Givi 260 is a good one.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
If you are looking for good protection and don't mind looking through the shield, the Givi 260 is a good one.
That screen is designed to look just over it. Many people like it. If I was going to buy a new screen, I'd go for Madstad's own screen. The Givi and some other large screens can reflect sunlight off the coated concave surface down on the plastics and instruments below so not parking with the sun to the rear of the bike or covering the screen or dash is recommended.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So there are better options than another stock screen? The stock screen I had wasn't too bad, probably because of the madstad, but if there is better wind protection I want it.

·
38,104 Posts

·
38,104 Posts
Thanks for the thread link. I'm sure I'll find an answer in there somewhere.
You'll probably get more good answers than you can assimilate.

·
Banned
158 Posts
I have the MadStad bracket with the tinted Adventure Windshield. Tried MadStad with stock windshield and couldn't find a good sweet spot. With the MadStad shield all is good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts