StromTrooper banner
81 - 100 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a Cee-Bailey the Perfect Strom windshield for what it's worth on my 2007 DL1000. Works very well and all the way up the wind hits the top of my helmet - am 5'10". All the way down is full on the helmet. Am pleased with it. Leave it in the middle mount position. I have my naked Honda 599 for hot August freeway cooling blast needs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just picked up a nice 2003 DL1000 that has a Windstrom Manta on it. I was pleasantly surprised (shocked actually) at how smooth it was, even at high speed. I've gotten rid of bikes in the past that I could never solve the buffeting problem. Looks like this one is a keeper! ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had a v stream and it sucked. Optical clarity was crap. It had a prismatic effect and any little difference in surface surface such as a little step or color looked like I was going to ride off a cliff.

Madstad rocks!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Can't stop myself

I have gone through 4 different windsheilds. I'm always looking for an improvement in buffeting.
Original - meh, better with madstad brackets
V Stream - huge and ugly with its zig zag edge but does the job nicely.
It'll be my early spring, late fall shield
Moose racing short smoked - looks cool but functionally useless, added
A China add on deflector and its vastly improved.
MRA smoked - great summer shield. No face turbulence and just
Enough in the shoulders to cool but not smack your head
Around

Added these myself. Custom aluminum deflectors mounted with piaa brackets
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive exterior Auto part

·
Registered
2016 Vee
31 Posts
I have a 2012 Vee and recently installed a Givi D260ST windscreen. Nice! Just returned from a 1400-mile ride around Michigan and it did a great job. Installed at the lowest setting for a better view (I'm 6'3) and was much better than the stock windscreen.
HOWEVER.......they weren't kidding when they provide a warning about possibly melting the top of the dash. 1 week later and it did a number on the plastic dash above the speedometer/tach. I now follow the advice of a fellow trooper and pull a small t-shirt over the screen if its sunny outside when parking. Who ever follows the manufacturers warnings??
No Madstad bracket needed. I like it!

·
Registered
71 Posts
givi d260 st windscreen

After years of wanting to try a new windscreen I finally broke down and purchased the GIVI D260. I already have MadStad brackets for my original Tall Suzuki windscreen and love that you can manipulate many positions. Love the new GIVI except I have an annoying whistle at 30-40mph that I can not get rid of. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
60 Posts
After years of wanting to try a new windscreen I finally broke down and purchased the GIVI D260. I already have MadStad brackets for my original Tall Suzuki windscreen and love that you can manipulate many positions. Love the new GIVI except I have an annoying whistle at 30-40mph that I can not get rid of. Any suggestions?
Trial and error with height and angle. Good luck, that would drive me crazy:furious:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am 6'1 and so far I have tried almost every position imaginable for height and angles. The only way it doesn't whistle is if you have it laid back almost all the way which is no windscreen at all. I have used painters tape to cover just about everything I can think of but same thing at 35 to 45mph. I think the GIVI funnels more air up thru the middle, I am going to stuff a towel in the middle area next and then also go back to the Suzuki mount which sucks because I love the MadStad.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm 6'0 ft with a 32" in seam sorry for the delay in replying.

·
Registered
514 Posts
K2-K3 Madstad Bracket

Hey guys, quick question. With the K2 and K3 version of the Madstad bracket, am I limited to Madstad windshields? Obviously I can't use the stock K2/K3 shields (or any aftermarket for those years), but does the Madstad set it up so I can use later-model shields, or is it Madstad only?

Danke in advance :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have one and I am fairly certain you can only use Madstad screens. In my opinion this is far and away the best solution for the poor k2-k3 windshield set up. Highly recommend and they are an awesome company to deal with.

Reactions: S391

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,101 Posts
Unless Madstad makes screens for that bracket only, which I highly doubt, any screen for the K4-L2 Vee or the Wee will work. Madstad is a good company so I'd ask them to make sure. Since this is a windscreen question and I'm not busy, I'll move it instead of close it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
02-03 DL1000 Cheap EBay windshield

This is post is show just show my findings and offerings of an affordable Windshield option for us Vintage Strommers.

So I purchased my DL1000 This winter and have been sorting it out properly. But one of the last things I was really struggling with like many is the horrible buffeting and shaken baby syndrome from the windshield but did not Feel like shelling out tons f cash to experiment. Bike came with a Givi tall on it, and I am 6' and was a no go. I ordered a cheap lexan lip and tried that and is helped slightly but not much. SO I kept seeing a cheap Fleabay Hong Kong double bubble windshield for $36.00 so I figured I would take the gamble.

The windshield review:Received the Windshield in 11 days after ordering from Hong Kong, and was very surprised that it actually fit perfectly, and overall looks like fantastic quality. No scratches, mark, tooling, or anything like that. Initial ride report around town buffeting gone. Highway still get a little side to side movement, but a "yuge" improvement over my prior set up. So I installed the Lip I had purchased prior and around town was amazing. No buffeting at any speed around town. Highway almost none. You can tell with a big cross breeze it wants to cut through but makes turbulence. But overall I am extremely impressed with both the shield and the lip and figured I would post to offer other an affordable option for the OG Stroms.

Link to windshield: Windscreen for Suzuki V-Strom DL650 DL1000 02 03 04 Windshield Fairing 33#G | eBay

Link to Lip: Adjustable Clip On Windshield Extension Spoiler For V-Strom 650 V-Strom 1000 ABS | eBay

If you have any questions lemme know

Attachments

81 - 100 of 165 Posts