StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way to work today I was wondering if anyone has designed a small wind deflector to attach to the vertical aspect of a crash bar. I think it would be helpful during the winter months help keep my legs a bit warmer. I wear flannel lined jeans and that seems sufficient until the temperature dips below 40F.

·
Premium Member
3,220 Posts
Here's one (page 2 for photos)

http://www.stromtrooper.com/v-strom-modifications-performance/16704-leg-shields-2.html

There are multiple threads on the subject.......I was looking into it the other day. Use the "Search" box above and I believe you will find what you are looking for. :thumbup:

Also........check into getting a pair of "overpants" (they slide over your jeans). I have a set and they keep my legs very warm. There are multiple sets for sale on the ADV forum.......

·
Registered
628 Posts
Have you considered tank panniers? I have a set from Aerostitch mounted on my Wee. They sit on top of the Pat Walsh crash bar and protect my legs from above my knee to about the top of my boots. They tend to push the air outboard of my legs. I ride in 40 degree weather with only a pair of sweat pants to cover my legs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts