StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add one of those tractor supply tool tubes inside the left sidecase bracket. I have the Givi PLX brackets &V35 sidecase. Does anyone know if there is enough room to add the tool tube in there, without it hitting the tire when the suspension compresses? The PLX hug the bike a bit closer than the standard GIVI brackets, which is why I am asking. Thanks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does look tight but I am hoping some forum member has the PLX bracket and has added a tool tube or tried to, so there will be a definite answer....

·
Registered
833 Posts
Oh i misread your first post, now i realize you already have the PLX3101 and sidecases... So arent you the best person here to answer your own question?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Sorry, I don't have a tool tube mounted. They're 3 1/4" in diameter and pretty cheap though, so maybe if you could fabricate a mount that gets it tight enough to the rack, it might be worth a try.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have those side cases and I bought the tool tube too. It's not mounted yet as I am trying to fiqure the best way to mount them. The side case brackets are angled and curved to fit tight to the bike, this makes fabricating a bracket difficult. I'm thinking of just using black nylon ties to mount it. The tool tube will fit by the way

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have those side cases and I bought the tool tube too. It's not mounted yet as I am trying to fiqure the best way to mount them. The side case brackets are angled and curved to fit tight to the bike, this makes fabricating a bracket difficult. I'm thinking of just using black nylon ties to mount it. The tool tube will fit by the way
Thanks for confirming it will fit. Zip ties might work but I saw on another thread that a stronger way might be insulated cable clamps--- sort of like a p-clamp, aluminum with a rubber insert. I found a pair at Home Depot hanging in electrical aisle, "Rubber Insulated Clamps" by Calterm, p/n 67792 which are 5/8 inch diameter that may work. Also got some stainless 1/4 x 20 x 1 bolts, washers and nylon locknuts to secure the clamps to the tool tube. I have not yet had chance to install and can't confirm if holes will line up ok or not. I doubt a bracket will fit in there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts