StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw a video on UTUBE about modifying the single exhaust on a 650 V strom. Basically they removed the muffler end cap and cut off the muffler pipe that extends past the end of the muffler. This made the bike just a bit louder. Has anyone tried this on a V2?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Sure, but you don't have to cut off the end cap. Just use a dremal with a small diameter cutting wheel to cut the tube from the inside.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's all I was going to do. I know the V2 's muffler is different. What I was wondering is if anyone has done this mod to a V2. Thanks.

·
Vendor
5,440 Posts
That was one of my all time favorite DIY mods for the DL650.

I have never heard of anyone doing it to a Vee2, but you would be able to answer some questions about the contents of the muffler if you did. I think it is just a mechanical baffle type muffler, but there is some evidence that leads people to believe it might have some absorbent material in it.

I think it would be about the same amount of work to use the angles neck coming from the collector (the one welded to the muffler) as a donor piece with a low cost generic muffler. I can direct you to one by PM if you need one.

Anyway, good luck with the project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts