StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if we might see a redesign of the 650 in 2015 ?

Cheers

Ride safe

Gobear

·
Registered
73 Posts
kinda doubt it, maybe some upgrades, but they just redesigned(restyle?) it 2 years ago. they will probably see how the new 1000 sells.

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Thinking of pulling the trigger tomorrow on a 2013 650..
Good move. Maybe you're not aware that the '13 is the only the 2nd year of the the "new" model 650.
I saw a great deal on an '11 model when the '12's were already out, could have gotten a good deal on one as they were moving them out (it was last November) but the earlier model was so proven, I really like the old styling, analog gauges, the bike was already farkled with stuff I would choose - and of course, it was a good deal, money-wise. I could have afforded a new one. I just couldn't justify spending the extra money. I've put almost 13,000 smilin' miles on my bike in the past 11 months.

My point is, DON'T WAIT! My '11 is a great bike and I'm sure the newer model 650 is even better (if that's possible). Life is short. There are just too many great rides.
GO FOR IT!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I am thinking there will be a redesign and it will be the 650 in the 1000cc bike. I cant see them having two vastly different bikes under the same model name.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Redesign would really depend on sales. I personally hope they wait another five years so that Mine doesn't look dated. Hoping to keep her for awhile yet. There are some very seductive machines out there, but for the price the Glee is still a great buy and allows you to spend money or invest in other areas.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Buy Now

[QUOBoughtsbeadg;1684313]Good move. Maybe you're not aware that the '13 is the only the 2nd year of the the "new" model 650.
I saw a great deal on an '11 model when the '12's were already out, could have gotten a good deal on one as they were moving them out (it was last November) but the earlier model was so proven, I really like the old styling, analog gauges, the bike was already farkled with stuff I would choose - and of course, it was a good deal, money-wise. I could have afforded a new one. I just couldn't justify spending the extra money. I've put almost 13,000 smilin' miles on my bike in the past 11 months.

My point is, DON'T WAIT! My '11 is a great bike and I'm sure the newer model 650 is even better (if that's possible). Life is short. There are just too many great rides.
GO FOR IT!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:[/QUOTE]

Bought my 2013 DL650 last week. Until the end of October Suzuki is offering the Adventure side cases, mounting racks, and mount only for the matching top case. Hope this helps with a buying decision.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Bought my 2013 DL650 last week. Until the end of October Suzuki is offering the Adventure side cases, mounting racks, and mount only for the matching top case. Hope this helps with a buying decision.

Umm isn't that just the adventure model? I bought the 2012 Adventure a couple months ago with the 0% deal. It came with the racks, side packs and top mount. Also with the crash bars. Think thats all that comes on the special "Adventure" deal....

·
Registered
173 Posts
My 2013 650 adv model, came with the stock engine cover ( in lieu of skid plate - that really finishes the look of the bike off and unless you are doing some really heavy off road work does protect the oil filter & front of the engine), engine guards, hand guards, bags and trunk and the windshield with the laminar type of lip.

I'm not sure if the dealer added some of these factory items to the bike or not as I see some adv models that don't have the engine cover.

The only thing I added was the backrest pad for the trunk ( wife likes it better that way ). Its available from SW Motech.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Redesign?

I doubt they'll redo the glee so soon. The old 1000 almost faded away since it was so similar to the much more popular 650. The differences in the new 1000 make it stand out and hopefully more popular to non VStrom riders. I do like the new 1000, but I'll keep riding the smaller bike, or at least have 1 of each one day.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Like other here have said, they just redesigned the Wee, I don't think they will be redesigning it soon.

I like the Glee design better than my old Wee, and while I kind of wanted the 1000, The new design plus ABS swayed me towards the Glee.

I don't regret it and while I like the new 1000 even better, and it will probably be my next bike, I would have missed out on 2+ years riding waiting for it. Life is too short.

·
Registered
135 Posts
My 2013 650 adv model, came with the stock engine cover ( in lieu of skid plate -
The CANADIAN adventure model came with the lower engine cowling and a top case as well as all the other accessories that the American adventure model came with. At least that is what I have gathered from my reading on this forum.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts