StromTrooper banner

Will there be a new Vee

9441 Views 54 Replies 31 Participants Last post by  banditrider
So the question is simple. Will Suzuki make a new Vee or will they stick with the Wee alone. Before, they came out with the Vee first and two years later with the Wee and later on with the Wee and ABS. Do you guys think that Suzuki will follow the same pattern of their history with the new model or will they let the Vee be as is and stick with the progression of the Wee alone?
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,702 Posts
I've read there was some conjecture at the new 650 intro in Croatia that a bigger model may appear in 2013 or 2014. It was only in the rumor stage.

· Registered
2,457 Posts
I don't think so

Sales were poor

If the Tenerie does well they may look at the segment but
the TLS based motor bike is done. I know nothing but do not
believe it can be approved by the ECO-Taliban
Les Height and I spoke to US Suzuki Sales manager up at Daytona last March. I asked him why Suzuki was dropping their big-displacement "ADV" class bike when their competitors were rolling out the Multistrada, the Tenere, and BMW was selling 100k GS bikes ever year.

He went into a log rant about how the DL1000 was released the week of 9/11. According to him, that "killed" the bike. He also said that their dealers never understood how to position the bike and sell it.

As much as I like Suzuki, they suck at understanding the market. If they had done nothing more than bump the 650 to 800, let alone added a 19/21" wheel option, people would be standing in line to buy VStroms. With this slight re-design, they'll sell the bikes, but probably at the same rate as if they'd left it completely unchanged.

· Registered
254 Posts
Les Height and I spoke to US Suzuki Sales manager up at Daytona last March. I asked him why Suzuki was dropping their big-displacement "ADV" class bike when their competitors were rolling out the Multistrada, the Tenere, and BMW was selling 100k GS bikes ever year.

He went into a log rant about how the DL1000 was released the week of 9/11. According to him, that "killed" the bike. He also said that their dealers never understood how to position the bike and sell it.

As much as I like Suzuki, they suck at understanding the market. If they had done nothing more than bump the 650 to 800, let alone added a 19/21" wheel option, people would be standing in line to buy VStroms. With this slight re-design, they'll sell the bikes, but probably at the same rate as if they'd left it completely unchanged.
Currently the market is becoming more positive but still not buying bikes like we did 3-4 years ago. Suzuki is playing safe.
Watch them play catch up in 2-3 years time.
Actually you probably won't as most of us will have moved onto another brand that already had new models under development by then.

Nothing to do with 9-11.
Suzuki produced an ugly, high COG bike just like the GS but without the blue and white badge.
It was a new market segment that needed to be pushed and it wasn't. Surprise, surprise, low sales

· Registered
2,014 Posts
again, whats new ? everything you posted has been around
Those are all new bikes, the Versys (the oldest of the five) is only a couple years old, the Tenere hasn't even been delivered yet, the Tiger XC is less than a year old and brand new to the market, the 1200 Duc is new this year, the Stelvio is a redesign and new for this year.

I feel like I'm talking to a dog.

Are you into some weird, semantic Clintonesque reality where "new" means someone just invented it yesterday and tomorrow will roll off the assembly line?

The market is full of companies making and selling new models for the adventure market.

Deal with it.

· Registered
1,653 Posts
I will be interested to see if there is a new larger displacement Vee if it will retain the twin formation. It is getting increasingly harder to get a large cylinder to burn clean. I would not be surprised to see a V four version come out maybe a 1300 that would use some of the same parts as the 650.

· Registered
8 Posts
I would be very surprised to see a new manly Strom, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a Bandit 1250-based in lieu of designing an all new twin. It would be the only 4-cyl adventure bike in a market crowded with twins, something Yamaha probably should have done.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.