StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about asking my service manager who is a long time mechanic if he has a yosh box in his toolbox and if he will adjust the low range on my FI to get rid of the 1st and 2nd gear surging at low speeds.

Does anyone know if the yosh box will work with the 04's?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yes,it works fine.just make sure he knows what he's doing.i had that done several times and then just gave in and installed the power commander.you can make it better by adjustment,but the power commander fixed it and now the bike is much more enjoyable to ride.try going +20 in the low range and +10 in the mid to start with.every bike is a little different but that seemed to help mine.i could have spent more time and money i guess,but i just don't have the patience to dink around when a reasonable solution is available.watch your fuel mileage as well as your transition to higher revs to make sure you don't go too rich.your temperature guage will indicate this as well.when we got too rich the lcd went to 3 bars any time i stopped at a light for any length of time,bad idea going into the heat of summer.the power commander took about 5-10 minutes to install,it took longer to read the instructions than to mount it.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the Yosh box will work, but please do not follow the previous post, The proper change is +5 on the LOW setting and then turn the injector bias to +2 Rear and +2 front. Also a proper thottle body synch with the rear cylinder leading very slightly, and the TPS adjusted to 1.125 DCV this will eliminate any surg problems your are encountering, please also be sure you are using regular unleaded, no super or premium.

AATECH

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found out the yosh box will not work on the 04 DL1000 as the 04's have the 32 bit proccessor unlike the 03's and older which have the 16 bit proccessors

1 - 4 of 4 Posts